No announcement yet.

I have been a fan of Khan since 2004, but he's starting to piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    McCloskey is a genuine top 10 fighter. I agree that there were better options out there but he is a good enough opponent for me.

Don't forget that Peterson refused Amir's offer of 300K. Which is 3-4 times the money he made against Ortiz on US soil.

So Amirīs potential opponents were:
    • Paul McCloskey
    • Michael Katsidis
    • John Murray
    • Bredis Prescott
    • Junior Witter

John Murray is simply put, a bum. Katsidis is a lightweight who lost a war against JMM in his last fight. Witter is a past prime inactive fighter. Prescott isnīt even a top 20 lightweight, let alone a light-welterweight.

I would love a Prescott fight too but I would understand if he didnīt take that fight. IMO he proved to the world in the fight against Maidana that the Prescott fight was a fluke.

McCloskey is a good southpaw. It will be interesting to see how Amir handles southpaws, especially considering that he spars with Pacquiao all the time. On top of that, it also makes financial sense because of the England vs. Ireland thing.
    no dont try hype this fight up.

hes an undefeated British fighter. He looks lucrative for the British public.

In reallity hes a mediocre fighter to make Khan look great.

Comment

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
      Peterson accepted 300k but Khan and his **** team wanted stupid rematch clauses.

McCloskey is from Northern Ireland which is in the UK.
      They wanted upwards of 350k apparently.

And rematch clauses are standard in voluntary title defences. Petersen is not the mandatory.

Comment

I have no problems with khan getting a warm-up fight before Bradley and the other bigs.

... as long as he fights Bradley.

Comment

Peterson accepted 300k but Khan and his **** team wanted stupid rematch clauses.

. Peterson did NOT accept the 300K offer.

At first, Team Khan offered Team Peterson 200K. Twice the money Peterson made against Ortiz. Peterson demanded 500K. Team Khan refused. You have to take in consideration that Peterson is coming from a loss and a draw. Beggers can't be choosers. Team Khan upped the offer to 300K, Peterson demanded 350K and no rematch-clause. So the fight blew off.

Even Shaefer (who promotes them both) said that Peterson should have taken the 300K offer. Peterson will probably never make as much money in his life again and will most likely not return to HBO either.

He will regret this all his life.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post

In reallity hes a mediocre fighter
            to make Khan look great.
            Joe Calzaghe, anyone? .

Comment

Khan put his foot in his mouth saying that he was ready for a Pacquiao or Mayweather type fighter. Once he hinted at that we expected him to take on the best. At 140 the talent is pretty deep so theres no excuse for Mccloskey or fukin Witter. Its really stupid of his handlers. When a fighter has good skills and a weak chin you dont take a chance against a mediocure fighter. Khan cant take another kO loss to a B fighter. For those of you who think the Maidana fight showed Khan's durability please watch it again. It was no better than Frazier/Foreman the way he was turing his back and running. A good chin is being able to recover and control. Not thanking God for the bell ringing.

Comment

McCloskey is a genuine top 10 fighter.
                He is not a genuine top 10. He's a borderline top 10.

I agree that there were better options out there but he is a good enough opponent for me.
                I agree.

Don't forget that Peterson refused Amir's offer of 300K. Which is 3-4 times the money he made against Ortiz on US soil.
                Very true. Is not Khan fault at all. Peterson out priced himself out.

So Amirīs potential opponents were:
                • Paul McCloskey
                • Michael Katsidis
                • John Murray
                • Bredis Prescott
                • Junior Witter

John Murray is simply put, a bum. Katsidis is a lightweight who lost a war against JMM in his last fight. Witter is a past prime inactive fighter. Prescott isnīt even a top 20 lightweight, let alone a light-welterweight.

I would love a Prescott fight too but I would understand if he didnīt take that fight. IMO he proved to the world in the fight against Maidana that the Prescott fight was a fluke.

McCloskey is a good southpaw. It will be interesting to see how Amir handles southpaws, especially considering that he spars with Pacquiao all the time. On top of that, it also makes financial sense because of the England vs. Ireland thing.
                I agree, overall a good post from you

Comment

No he didn't.

If he did we would have Khan-Peterson right now. Not Khan-McCloskey.

Comment

didn't khan beat the current #3 140 fighter just a few months ago?

year before that he beat the current #5 140 fighter?

hasn't khan fought 3 top 5-10 ranked 140 fighters in his last 4 fights?

give the kid a break.

besides mccloskey is an undefeated fighter who is currently ranked #10 in the division by ring magazine. not too bad i say.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post

In reallity hes a mediocre fighter to make Khan look great.
                      Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      Khan put his foot in his mouth saying that he was ready for a Pacquiao or Mayweather type fighter. Once he hinted at that we expected him to take on the best. At 140 the talent is pretty deep so theres no excuse for Mccloskey or fukin Witter. Its really stupid of his handlers. When a fighter has good skills and a weak chin you dont take a chance against a mediocure fighter. Khan cant take another kO loss to a B fighter. For those of you who think the Maidana fight showed Khan's durability please watch it again. It was no better than Frazier/Foreman the way he was turing his back and running. A good chin is being able to recover and control. Not thanking God for the bell ringing.
                      If thing goes as plan he will fight Bradley(the best fighter at 140) in July.

Who else should he fight in April?

Urango- is unreachable.

Mabuza- is fighting Judah in March.

Alexander- is coming off a lost to Bradley and arguably lost to a guy Khan dominated. Plus has a potential fight with Maidana set.

Maidana- already lost to Khan. Plus has a potential fight with Alexander set.

Ortiz- is more than likely fighting Berto at 147.

Kotelnik- is moving to 147 also. Plus was already dominated by Khan.

Judah- is fighting Mabuza in March.

Peterson- out priced himself out of the fight.

Alvarado- Has a fight scheduled for February. And, is probably going to campaign as a WW.

The only other available JWW is Lucas Matthysse but just like McCloskey he is a borderline top 10 guy.

So if the Bradley fight does happen in July, a McCloskey fight is not that bad.
                      Last edited by jrosales13; 02-06-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X