Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has PBC shut up shop yet or what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened man I thought you went out cop suicide style, and now you are back.

PBC is still alive, not sure of the "well" part, the matchups have gotten worse, and it seems like their more decent fights are going to showtime. The Lara fight makes me think they have already given up, but we will see, Thurman vs Porter is a great fight(but it's not confirmed yet). Quillin vs Jacobs is barely an ok fight though, both guys are nobodies, and Quillin can't even make 160 anymore.

Comment

Gotta take these threads in stride. They'll just move the goalpost when they realize PBC will be around for a few more years at least.

I remember when
      • Espinoza was going to get fired
      • When the Mayweather deal was going to put Showtime in the red
      • When Haymon was really a drug dealer
      • When Pacquiao was really the A-side

Now it's Haymon presented no real plan except waste money but these gullible suits gave him $400m anyway and are sitting on the sidelines watching him waste it

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
        What happened man I thought you went out cop suicide style, and now you are back.

PBC is still alive, not sure of the "well" part, the matchups have gotten worse, and it seems like their more decent fights are going to showtime. The Lara fight makes me think they have already given up, but we will see, Thurman vs Porter is a great fight(but it's not confirmed yet). Quillin vs Jacobs is barely an ok fight though, both guys are nobodies, and Quillin can't even make 160 anymore.
        Boxing isnt just about the sport itself, I think we all like the WWE aspect of boxing with its different personas (Villians, good guys, culture vs culture) etc... and PBC on regular TV has taken that away from boxing. Guys are quickly losing their allure, even guys like Broner (and not just because he lost2) lost allure on regular TV. IM all for boxing on regular TV but it needs more build up and not to be on at 12pm in the freaken afternoon on a Saturday. I think PBC fighters would benefit more through promotional revenues like commercial time, fighter tours etc...

And I agree with you, Quillen vs Jacobs is an OK fight at best, the only people supporting it are Haymon lovers.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Those guys still making big money and still on tv. You think they care about some "buzz". Half of y'all hate on every fighter there is. So do you really think they care what a bunch of bloggers think.
          Yes, fighters should care about their brand. Those guys had their credibility completely destroyed and it's a slow way back to rebuild. Santa Cruz, for an example is a pretty likable guy who has always maintained he wants big fights. Al was giving him the worst mismatches possible and making Santa Cruz look really bad. Then Santa Cruz finally gets a big fight with Mares and he performs well and wins and it barely raised his star power. You are right that those guys are getting paid well, but none of them are the stars that they had the potential to be.

Comment

it seems like haymon gave up on the pbc. he's putting all the good matchups on showtime and putting utter crap on the pbc shows. i personally think he's funneling the money from the pbc to himself and it will close up shop rather soon. 4 out of 5 stars for that scam

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
              Actually they have a good card this weekend on NBC. And the build up of fighters like Peter Quillin & Daniel Jacobs was thanks to Al's PBC, which now will feature these two fighting each others...
              VIVA AL Haymon!
              Yeah, on Showtime......

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
                Actually they have a good card this weekend on NBC. And the build up of fighters like Peter Quillin & Daniel Jacobs was thanks to Al's PBC, which now will feature these two fighting each others...
                VIVA AL Haymon!
                Two C level Fighters fighting for a title

Comment

Yeah - they're running out of money.

Then again, what they're paying to DeGale ($3.5mill) is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post

Man the gimps here didn't even ban me for that **** lol. Got the language course done anyway and got a good start at studying for this year at uni, so the barrage of wank i posted did it's job lol

Hard to believe you don#t even get banned for posting **** haha

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      it seems like haymon gave up on the pbc. he's putting all the good matchups on showtime and putting utter crap on the pbc shows. i personally think he's funneling the money from the pbc to himself and it will close up shop rather soon. 4 out of 5 stars for that scam
                      No way in hell he will get away from that one with his pockets full. These New York Jew-suits most definitely won't allow some moolie to take all their money. Having said that Haymon managed to rob Beyonce (real Beyonce, not Beyonce Wilder) and get away with it without Jay Z messing him up.

Maybe Haymon is just the slimiest rat that has ever slithered into boxing?? That would be some accomplishment though haha

Comment

Working...
                      X