Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bruce Lee beat a Professional Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ...

Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 07-23-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

this sh#t is straight up fabricated. the stories and interviews are very clearly not real.

bruce lee was an actor. there's footage of him hitting the heavy bag. he flails at it like a child, and tires out, signaling a friend to see if he wants to give it a try. it's what a complete novice, who has virtually never boxed, would do.

bruce lee was a f#cking actor. you wouldn't know who he was if he weren't famous for his movies.

the guy was a legendary fighter, yet he never fought professionally or even on camera? right. the guy was an actor, and people spin stories about him because it appeals to them.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
        I did post a source from an eye witness to the event. Gary Elms was said to be a local high school amateur Boxing champion so I would not expect to find him on Boxrec as he was not a professional Boxer.
        Right so not other than one if Bruce Lee's friends then?

Good so still no Gary Elms sighting.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          this sh#t is straight up fabricated. the stories and interviews are very clearly not real.

bruce lee was an actor. there's footage of him hitting the heavy bag. he flails at it like a child, and tires out, signaling a friend to see if he wants to give it a try. it's what a complete novice, who has virtually never boxed, would do.

bruce lee was a f#cking actor. you wouldn't know who he was if he weren't famous for his movies.

the guy was a legendary fighter, yet he never fought professionally or even on camera? right. the guy was an actor, and people spin stories about him because it appeals to them.
          Someone upload the heavy bag clip so I can have another laugh.

The reminder of "3 Weight World Champion Gary Elms" existence has me in a laughing mood now.

Comment

the greatest fighter of all time, hitting the heavy bag like a god.

Comment

I'm sure he could beat some professional boxers, Freddie Flintoff managed to, but he wouldn't beat anyone above the level of a journey man. Whether he could do better if he dedicated his life to the sport is an unknown; I'd personally put my money on him doing quite well because of his work ethics and natural attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Right so not other than one if Bruce Lee's friends then?

Good so still no Gary Elms sighting.
                What kind of evidence would convince you of Gary Elms' existence?

A picture? A video interview?

He encountered Bruce Lee before he was famous and as far as we know never accomplished anything in life that would raise his profile beyond competing in high school Boxing tournaments in Hong Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

the greatest fighter of all time, hitting the heavy bag like a god.
                  So that's where Spartacus Sully got his style from.

Look at dem strong gifted hands go....

Comment

Bruce is regularly credited as being the father of MMA (by Dana White, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones etc). He's a God in that world and the vast majority of them believe that he would have been an elite. He was always meant to be a complete fighter, not a boxer. It makes sense that boxing fans wont understand Bruce.

Comment

To more directly respond to the OP: yes of course Bruce would destroy boxers his size, easily Im sure. But that's if he's having a real fight with them. If it's just a boxing match, and Bruce isnt allowed to use his legs, grabs, locks, fingers, etc, then the boxer wins easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X