Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is easier: Chasing down a boxer? outboxing a brawler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is easier: Chasing down a boxer? outboxing a brawler?

Which is easier in boxing... Chasing down/catching/getting close to a mover? or outboxing a heavy-handed puncher trying to take your head off?

I myself prefer trying to force a mover into exchanges with me.
    Chasing down a boxer/mover.
    54.55%
    Outboxing a strong brawler.
    45.45%

That's individual...It all depends on what kind of boxingstyle that you bring to the table
    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 05-26-2014, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      That's individual...It all depends on what kind of boxingstyle that you bring to the table
      I was going to put "C. It depends" but I was like Nah... My bad.

Comment

Watch how easy Ruslan finds it vs algeri

Comment

Two things come to mind. One; we see the latter far more frequently than the former. Two; there's no need for a second reason.

Comment

There's a reason more boxers than brawlers reach the top of the sport.

Comment

stupid question..

it obviously depends on how good the boxer or brawler in question is. mainly how good his jab, footwork and ring generalship is.

for example someone just circling the same direction with a poor jab is easy to chase down. just like someone slow and unable to cut of the ring is easy to keep at bay.

even if we say they are equally good at what they do, then its the other fighters style and skill which matters. some guys prefer opponents who come at them while others have an easier time dealing with boxers.

you cant say one is easier than the other in general, its too broad a statement and an over simplification.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-26-2014, 06:01 AM.

Comment

As other have said, it really depends on the individual. Some brawler types are good at cutting the ring off then they go to work. Other are like a kid chasing a balloon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs Away! View Post
                  I was going to put "C. It depends" but I was like Nah... My bad.
                  Yeah, it really isn't either. Completely dependent on the fighters, style, skill etc.

Comment

Depends on your own fighting style.

Canelo would fight it hard to chase down a boxer, Angulo would find it hard to outbox a brawler.

Comment

Working...
                    X