Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Froch beat Ward in a UK rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point - which should be OBVIOUS - is that judges seem to prefer Carl's style.

I wasn't scoring the fight, I was just watching and wanking, but I had Ward winning eight rounds at least. Then two judges had it close. So it's BASIC logic to assume that Carl COULD win the fight on a judges' card, if not in reality.

This is what is known as BASIC COMMON SENSE.

Comment

Nope, a better question would be 'Would Froch beat Kessler in a rematch in the UK'?

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
        Andre Ward and I took your soul on November 21st, 2009...so you are not worthy of my response...

How do you like THAT answer?....lol....or should I post all the topics where it happened for proof of Ownership?
        Ward should just retire. There's noone left to fight. He's that good.

Comment

CCRS. (Conveniently Can't Remember ****), seriously though, although the fight wasn't in Froch's backyard, it wasn't in Ward's backyard either, so YES he was out of his comfort zone when you consider Atlantic City, NJ is roughly 3000 miles away from California, and there's a 3 hour time difference. So, this bulls.hit that people keep spewing that Ward's never been out of his comfort zone is literally a boldfaced lie. Ward fought 3000 miles away from his hometown, with a 3 hour time difference, and with a proven broken left hand, and still dominated handily. There's no debate about this, none whatsoever. The fight being in England would make **** all of a damn difference.

Also, No, Froch did not give Ward his toughest fight, Bika did arguably. A fight you've clearly never seen if you thought Froch gave him a harder fight. I love Froch, but let's get real. God, the delusional behavior of some NSB posters are astonishing.

Ward's dominated everyone he's fought with ease, it doesn't matter when where or how, Ward is too mentally tough and secure, too poised and focused, too skilled and too good to be affected by something like that.

End of.

Comment

Ward seemingly beats Froch, but may lose the fight on the scorecards. Regardless, Ward does not lose to Froch in the eyes of a neutral viewer.

Comment

Ward beats Froch on his backyard near a gypsy's truck...errrrrrrrrr home with fair judging.

Comment

Froch beats him, likely by stoppage. If not by stoppage, it'll be a UD

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Ward seemingly beats Froch, but may lose the fight on the scorecards. Regardless, Ward does not lose to Froch in the eyes of a neutral viewer.
                  It's come to something when myself and Kev are in agreement.

This is what I don't comprehend about this topic. Pretty much all of us are in agreement that Ward won the fight by a comfortable majority.... yet the JUDGES had it a close fight (two of them at least, which is all that counts for a final card).

If Froch had been able to just shade ONE more round (which wasn't impossible that night) then he would have been able to draw with Ward ON THE CARDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                    CCRS. (Conveniently Can't Remember ****), seriously though, although the fight wasn't in Froch's backyard, it wasn't in Ward's backyard either, so YES he was out of his comfort zone when you consider Atlantic City, NJ is roughly 3000 miles away from California, and there's a 3 hour time difference. So, this bulls.hit that people keep spewing that Ward's never been out of his comfort zone is literally a boldfaced lie. Ward fought 3000 miles away from his hometown, with a 3 hour time difference, and with a proven broken left hand, and still dominated handily. There's no debate about this, none whatsoever. The fight being in England would make **** all of a damn difference.

Also, No, Froch did not give Ward his toughest fight, Bika did arguably. A fight you've clearly never seen if you thought Froch gave him a harder fight. I love Froch, but let's get real. God, the delusional behavior of some NSB posters are astonishing.

Ward's dominated everyone he's fought with ease, it doesn't matter when where or how, Ward is too mentally tough and secure, too poised and focused, too skilled and too good to be affected by something like that.

End of.
                    People also forget the scorecards of 115-113 on two judges. Atlantic City was pretty much another country for Ward, that's how he was treated on the scorecards. A fight where he won at least 9-3, 8-4 pushing it; judges felt like making it seem a closer fight than it really was.

Same thing with B-Hop vs Calzaghe, close fight where the foreigner got the decision. Foreign fans just don't understand that U.S. is a lot different when it comes to hometown decisions.

Comment

bhop clearly lost to calzaghe, thank goodness the right person won

Comment

Working...
                      X