FAO Motorcycle buffs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Motorcycle buffs.

Been thinking about getting a bike for a while

have little experience but ive ridden on a few to know it'd be nice to have a toy.

not really into the super powerful crotch rocket thing but i like sportsbikes

ive been looking at an Aprilia.....good bikes? never seen one in person

If its your first bike best advice I can give you is get something alone the lines of an older F4i or R6 you can find them on craigslist for cheap and they are reliable and you wouln't want to shoot yourself when you dump it becuse it will happen, best riders in the world still dump a bike now and then !

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
      If its your first bike best advice I can give you is get something alone the lines of an older F4i or R6 you can find them on craigslist for cheap and they are reliable and you wouln't want to shoot yourself when you dump it becuse it will happen, best riders in the world still dump a bike now and then !
      yeah my friend always tells me that

he is a Suzuki guy has a GSXR 1000

a lot of people say start off with a 250 but i dont wanna get stuck with some bike i outgrow quick then gotta turn around and sell in 6 months.

i was thinking about getting a 600 so i could learn and keep it for a while.

and im definitely gonna buy used

but im still curious about Aprilia.....know anything about them?

Comment

Never owned Aprilia but for some reason people here don't go for them.

This is a very reliable model of Kawasaki that's also cheap if you buy used.

The gpz 500

Comment

Firstly midnight I hope you crash and die if you have one.

Start off small or you will die.

I started on a RS125 Aprillia, and it was great to learn ****, especially in London where you only have inches to get through traffic. Also I got it when I was young and was too young for a big bike here because of the laws. Now I only have a 636 which is plenty for London since we have speed cameras and not many motorways close by me.

[/img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v330/125/57/615694418/n615694418_803860_5487.jpg[/img]

Mine is the one in the middle, older than there's. We all started off with lil 125's to learn the ropes before we did our real test.

Some other friends bikes and mine. 125's still.

I don't know the laws in the US for bike tests and what engine you can jump onto, but that Aprillia is a 1000 cc V4. It's a 2010 model and brand new. Firstly you need a lot of money to buy it, and if you crash you won't get cheap parts because it is Italian.

Secondly Jap bikes can take abuse and Italian bikes need looking after or they will break down.

I don't think you can handle a 1000CC bike in a busy city for sure. On quiet long roads it should be OK, but don't pull the throttle. I have not ridden a V4 before but I am guessing it has a lot of torque rather than that pure In Line 4 power that Jap bikes have. Either way, a 1000CC bike is still a beast if you pull the throttle hard.

Maybe a 124, 250 and even a 500 won't pull you fat ass off the lights though. What are you? Like 330 lbs?

I know you are use to driving tractors as your main vehicle, and a bike isn't like that OK son.

Anyway, once I passed my big boy test, I got a bigger bike. My Kawasaki Ninja 636.

Mine is the one on the far right, not the best looking because they are all 2010 and miens a 2003. However the two on the elft are 125's and the 3rd is a 600 which I can just beat in a straight.

I would say if I had not ridden a 125, I wouldn't be able to control this bike in London for sure. Too many bad drivers around, too many close incidents where only my skill has stopped me from crashing.

Already had two crashes on my 125 and got a scar on my back for one of them. Becareful if you do get one, I joke a lot, but this one advice is serious.

Comment

Biking is one of the best things in the world brother.

Time to get away from my girl, to get a quick adreniline rush, I mean it can do 60MPH in 2.5 secs and that **** is good fun.

100 MPH feels like 50 MPH and it can go up to 160 GPS. Not sure what my top speed is but near enough, but my head was shaking back like a mofo. Hard to control.

As for toy, if you treat it like one, then you will most likely die sooner than later. Bikers are at the most risk of dying than any other vehicle on the road.

Comment

thanks Ahmed

yeah ill definently get something under a 600 for my first

im not totally clueless to how to handle a bike...i used to ride dirt bikes a lot and my friend had a 500cc we used to ride a lot....

i know theres a big difference but still i know how to control the torque and what now

im just not sure if a 250 is right for me...of course it would be a good starter bike but i just feel like i would get sick of it too quickly and just want something a little bigger

whatever i buy i look to have for a while

and im not a crazy driver as it is and have always been really cautious....my friends always tell me i drive like a grandpaw

Comment

Billy boy a 250 is definitely nit worth it. Heck they don't do toommany here.

A 500 is lile driving a 1.2 litre car.

Fast enough but no grunt.

Mayb they hitting 50 bhp.

A 600 sports hits 110 to 120.

However if you have big roads which are safe, and you are sensible then a 1000 will be ok. Theres a lot to learn like body position in corners and how to wheelie and knee dow , but you can take your time on that.

The main thing is do you want to rev it? First gear hits 70mph on my bike and redline can hit 85. A 1000 i think can do maybe 95 in first dependig on gearing.

Thats what you wi be dealing with.

Look at r6, ninja 600, cbr 600rr, gsxr 600. All good bikes and cheaper than uk, and italian bikes.

Loads of people who jump on big bikes die within 2 yearsfrom their test because they haven't learnt how to ride and bascally the power will catch you out when it jumps up and makes your handle bars go right and left etc... Because yiu can't turn. Other issue is that if you go fast and someone doesn't see you and pulls out in front then bang.

My bosses cousin had a biker hit his 4x4 and that guy died.

Anotuer frend who was a biker woke up in hospital one day and has no elbow now. He doesn't remember what happened. No witnesses either. They working on a plastic elbow on him and he has like 10% power.

If i didn't have some love for my redneck friends then I would not offer that advice. How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pu$$yKiller View Post
                  Billy boy a 250 is definitely nit worth it. Heck they don't do toommany here.

A 500 is lile driving a 1.2 litre car.

Fast enough but no grunt.

Mayb they hitting 50 bhp.

A 600 sports hits 110 to 120.

However if you have big roads which are safe, and you are sensible then a 1000 will be ok. Theres a lot to learn like body position in corners and how to wheelie and knee dow , but you can take your time on that.

The main thing is do you want to rev it? First gear hits 70mph on my bike and redline can hit 85. A 1000 i think can do maybe 95 in first dependig on gearing.

Thats what you wi be dealing with.

Look at r6, ninja 600, cbr 600rr, gsxr 600. All good bikes and cheaper than uk, and italian bikes.

Loads of people who jump on big bikes die within 2 yearsfrom their test because they haven't learnt how to ride and bascally the power will catch you out when it jumps up and makes your handle bars go right and left etc... Because yiu can't turn. Other issue is that if you go fast and someone doesn't see you and pulls out in front then bang.

My bosses cousin had a biker hit his 4x4 and that guy died.

Anotuer frend who was a biker woke up in hospital one day and has no elbow now. He doesn't remember what happened. No witnesses either. They working on a plastic elbow on him and he has like 10% power.

If i didn't have some love for my redneck friends then I would not offer that advice. How old are you?
                  a 1000 is definitely out of the window for me....just too much power i will really never use

im 22 going on 23

i leaning towards a 600 because there are more options out there and seem like a bike i can hold on to for a while

plus MPG seem much better on 600's than 1000's which is a big selling point to me because i want pretty high MPG on the bike....thats really the only selling point 250's have for me.

and yeah i have a lot of wide roads here and traffic isnt too bad...but i would probably be more inclined to taking the bike up in the country a bit to take them on some of the winding country roads (that are paved with black top, mind you)

i didnt know Aprilia made a 125....looked it up and its not street legal over here

wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    a 1000 is definitely out of the window for me....just too much power i will really never use

im 22 going on 23

i leaning towards a 600 because there are more options out there and seem like a bike i can hold on to for a while

plus MPG seem much better on 600's than 1000's which is a big selling point to me because i want pretty high MPG on the bike....thats really the only selling point 250's have for me.

and yeah i have a lot of wide roads here and traffic isnt too bad...but i would probably be more inclined to taking the bike up in the country a bit to take them on some of the winding country roads (that are paved with black top, mind you)

i didnt know Aprilia made a 125....looked it up and its not street legal over here

wonder why
                    That's good, most 18-20 year olds are the silly lil ones that do **** to try and impress people.

MPG isn't great, a full tank is about 16 litres (4 galloons maybe) at a guess. That lasts 110 miles on motorways (But I hit 140, 150 at times)

It's all to do with acceleration.

250's are damn slow though, they most likely 4 stroke engines and 1 cyclinder. you will hit like 70MPh maybe 80 max. Not sure.

LOL wonder why the Aprillia 125 is not street legal. We got a lot of 125's here. All you need is one day training and if you pass you can get onto a 125. Another reason why there are lots of accidents, too many noobs.

Hit me up a PM if you got a bike on the net you looknig at.

Comment

Working...
                    X