Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone think of a fighter who was robbed but still admit defeat? I honestly can't

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone think of a fighter who was robbed but still admit defeat? I honestly can't

I'm just thinking back to all the robberies like Lewis-Holyfield- Oscar-Tito, Whitaker-Chavez.. etc.. and even the smaller scale fights like Williams-Lara.

I can't think of any wronged party admitting he lost. If Trout really felt like he was robbed.. he is literally the first boxer I can think of who still admit defeat despite thinking he won.

This was not a robbery.a close fight that could have gone either way? Yes. A robbery? No.

Originally posted by NatashaNatasha View Post
    I'm just thinking back to all the robberies like Lewis-Holyfield- Oscar-Tito, Whitaker-Chavez.. etc.. and even the smaller scale fights like Williams-Lara.

I can't think of any wronged party admitting he lost. If Trout really felt like he was robbed.. he is literally the first boxer I can think of who still admit defeat despite thinking he won.

This was not a robbery.a close fight that could have gone either way? Yes. A robbery? No.
    he said he lost!

Comment

Trout might be the most humble fighter out there and i believed him being religious has also has to do that he said he lost.

Comment

Scorecards were off, but there was no robbery. I think Trout was just being honest, he lost the "fight" in its most literal sense.

Comment

classy guy

Comment

I am a big fan of Wilfredo Gómez, but I think Lockridge beat him clearly. The closest you could see it was 144-141, back in 1985 in a 15 rounder. Lockridge admitted defeat even though it was questionable at best.

Comment

I reject and dismiss your thread title at face value; To the point that I won't even address it.

There was no robbery, the right man won. See the main Canelo-Trout thread for specifics.

Comment

So every fighter has to bitch about the scorecards afterwards so that we can complain about them being a bitch for bitching about their scorecards?
                I guarantee you if he even gave the slightest notion that he though he won, people would be complaining that he's a crybaby

Comment

Trout and Pac come to mind.

Comment

Don't even be surprised if he was paid off, or promised some sort of incentives if he took a loss on the chin.

I'm sure Haymon and GBP worked something out.

Comment

Working...
                    X