Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Beat Them, Pacquiao Takes My Leftovers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, according to his reasoning, he shouldn't get credit for beating all the fighters who were previously defeated? Did martial artists who get better after the age of 25 take performance enhancing drugs? Floyd is either jealous of something, or he's just hating on Manny for being so good/because he's a Filipino. Possibly, he's at least a bit intimidated... Manny is someone that should be considered as a very real threat, though...

Comment

This black guy is really angry, maybe because his daddy doesn't love him, now I know why he cries like a little b*tch....

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
        I would like to see Ortiz vs Pacquiao, make it happen Bob.
        If Victor don't quit, I'd imagine quite a war!

Comment

I duck them, Pacquiao takes on them.

Cotto
          Clottey
          Margarito

Comment

To be fair... Cotto, Margarito and Clottey were not Mayweather leftovers. Floyd never fought those guys nor did he fight Barrera or Morales.

I can’t remember ppl saying that De La Hoya was a Mosley or Hopkins leftover when Floyd fought him. Or Tommy Hearns was a Ray Leonard leftover when Marvin Hagler fought him. Most times top fighters have losses on their resumes, and more importantly they have already fought other top fighters. I still can’t find anybody who said before the De La Hoya fight, that Pac was going to win and that Oscar was a Floyd leftover. One more question, is Floyd this fighting a Marcos Maidana leftover in Victor Ortiz? How about this, was Floyd getting a Carlos Baldomir leftover in Zab Judah, or was he getting Miguel Cotto left over in Shane Mosley? Unless you fight a guy in his absolute peak and he is undefeated, more times than not, a fighter is getting somebody else’s leftovers.

Also, How can Marquez be a Floyd leftover when Pac fought him twice before Floyd ever fought him? I don’t understand the logic behind that particular opponent. People who don’t like Pac, say that Marquez beat him twice and that Manny was ducking him. Now that he’s fighting him, they don’t like the weight issue and they feel that Marquez is washed up. Marquez looks great against everybody not named Floyd and Pac.
            BTW- Marquez is a great fighter, he fought Pac close twice and he deserves the shot.

When fighters reach certain levels, they are matched with similar opponents that other great fighters have faced to draw comparisons. Cotto was matched with Demarcus Corley, Victor Sosa and Zab Judah all after Floyd beat them. Why, because his handlers wanted to see how Cotto handled common opponents. Floyd was matched against Genaro Hernadez and Arturro Gatti after De La Hoya beat them.That’s just how boxing works to an extent.
            Last edited by tusc1976; 09-08-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
              Using that "new-founded" analogy again, except isn't this very article based on Floyd's use of the triangle theory? - "I beat them first and he fights my left overs, Hatton was undefeated...blah, blah".
              Did you forget you wrote that Pac beat them better? that is a triangle theory buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                I duck them, Pacquiao takes on them.

Cotto
                Clottey
                Margarito
                You mean he avoided TR fighters after he left TR and Arum was hating. Do you think for one second that maybe Arum was pissed and didint want to sacrfice his best to Floyd. After all TR keeps fights in house

Comment

I thought Tim Smith (well-known ***** writer) writes all the Floyd's articles for the NY Daily News???

I like this new guy. His last line was a nice and well-deserved dig at Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Did you forget you wrote that Pac beat them better? that is a triangle theory buddy
                    Uh huh ...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by tusc1976 View Post
                      To be fair... Cotto, Margarito and Clottey were not Mayweather leftovers. Floyd never fought those guys nor did he fight Barrera or Morales.

I can’t remember ppl saying that De La Hoya was a Mosley or Hopkins leftover when Floyd fought him. Or Tommy Hearns was a Ray Leonard leftover when Marvin Hagler fought him. Most times top fighters have losses on their resumes, and more importantly they have already fought other top fighters. I still can’t find anybody who said before the De La Hoya fight, that Pac was going to win and that Oscar was a Floyd leftover. One more question, is Floyd this fighting a Marcos Maidana leftover in Victor Ortiz? How about this, was Floyd getting a Carlos Baldomir leftover in Zab Judah, or was he getting Miguel Cotto left over in Shane Mosley? Unless you fight a guy in his absolute peak and he is undefeated, more times than not, a fighter is getting somebody else’s leftovers.

Also, How can Marquez be a Floyd leftover when Pac fought him twice before Floyd ever fought him? I don’t understand the logic behind that particular opponent. People who don’t like Pac, say that Marquez beat him twice and that Manny was ducking him. Now that he’s fighting him, they don’t like the weight issue and they feel that Marquez is washed up. Marquez looks great against everybody not named Floyd and Pac.
                      BTW- Marquez is a great fighter, he fought Pac close twice and he deserves the shot.

When fighters reach certain levels, they are matched with similar opponents that other great fighters have faced to draw comparisons. Cotto was matched with Demarcus Corley, Victor Sosa and Zab Judah all after Floyd beat them. Why, because his handlers wanted to see how Cotto handled common opponents. Floyd was matched against Genaro Hernadez and Arturro Gatti after De La Hoya beat them.That’s just how boxing works to an extent.
                      VERY GOOD POST! I enjoyed reading this. It's nice to see more people on here with logical posts and who try to make an actual point. Keep it up man.

Comment

Working...
                      X