Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) In hindsight, how accurate was Mayweather about Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
    Ignore the video title. I didn't create it.
    Who's alt are you, how do you know how to disable rep?

Comment

I knew this video was what you were talking about just from the title lol. Pretty spot on

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vb...anges&u=163753
        Look at his name change history, I think this is the real one.

The name changing feature here doesn't allow you to change your name to a previously used one, even if it's your own. That's why I'm 'BrometheusBob.' instead of 'BrometheusBob'.
        You srs? Fuuuu I'll never be Hanz again but I stole this name from someone
        Last edited by HanzGruber; 04-30-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

He was shockingly accurate. Boxing fans are extremely petty. The skill difference between the two was surprising to me. The only thing that made the fight competitive was Manny's power. If it wasn't for Manny's explosive power that fight would have been a shut out.

Comment

He was pretty much right...but I'd still rather have seen the fight back then, instead of watching 2 guys past their primes spar for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              He was pretty much right...but I'd still rather have seen the fight back then, instead of watching 2 guys past their primes spar for 12 rounds.
              Ya his opinion from 7 years ago doesn't mean **** for 2015. And honestly if he thought he was that basic he wouldn't have had his lowest punch output and bent over at the waist or clinched every time manny got close.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                You srs? Fuuuu I'll never be Hanz again but I stole this name from someone
                Maybe it's case sensitive. Was the other person 'CatchweightKing' exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Maybe it's case sensitive. Was the other person 'CatchweightKing' exactly?
                  Yea I just looked it's spelled the exact same

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Ya his opinion from 7 years ago doesn't mean **** for 2015. And honestly if he thought he was that basic he wouldn't have had his lowest punch output and bent over at the waist or clinched every time manny got close.
                    He never said he was going to slug it out with Manny. Not even seven years ago. He did say he would outbox him, which is what happened. And Floyd's punch output has been declining for years.

If the fight happened in 2010, it would have been more explosive but the same guy would have won. His jab, reach advantage, footspeed, and spoiling tactics would have given Manny problems even back then.
                    Last edited by Johnwoo8686; 04-30-2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

What a lot of folks don't get is that the wait made the fight MORE competitive, not less.

A Floyd that had thoroughly dominated JMM would have done the same to Pac in 2010.

And a Pac that wasn't gunshy from getting KOed in 2013 probably walks into a Mayweather right hand the same way in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                      X