Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine Fan Polls 2008 Upset of The Year. Voting Starts Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Magazine Fan Polls 2008 Upset of The Year. Voting Starts Now!

2008 Ring fan polls: Upset of the Year

Link for Voting

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Timothy Bradley W12 Junior Witter – Bradley, fighting a more-experienced titleholder outside the U.S. for the first time, gave an inspired performance to win.

Bernard Hopkins W 12 Kelly Pavlik – Hopkins proved at 43 that he could still handle a fierce young fighter, particularly one with limited boxing ability and hand speed.

Manny Pacquiao KO 8 Oscar De La Hoya – Pacquiao was deemed too small and a 2-1 underdog but proved that profound ability and speed shouldn’t be underestimated.

Carlos Quintana W 12 Paul Williams – Williams wasn’t himself and later exacted revenge. However, Quintana deserves credit: He got the job done against a top fighter.
    Timothy Bradley W12 Junior Witter
    2.94%
    Bernard Hopkins W 12 Kelly Pavlik
    27.94%
    Manny Pacquiao KO 8 Oscar De La Hoya
    58.82%
    Carlos Quintana W 12 Paul Williams
    10.29%

Can't believe Mijares Darchinyan isn't on there.

Comment

i voted for quintana, absolutely no one gave him a chance to beat paul, and i agree that vic/mijares shouldve been an option

Comment

Ths is easy!

Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar Dollar Hoya.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          Can't believe Mijares Darchinyan isn't on there.
          The first fighter I thought of was Darchinyan. I would have thought that he would get it to be honest. Out of those I would have to say that the upset of the year would be Hopkins/Pavlik followed by Pac/Oscar.

I don't know why but a young, prime guy moving up in weight to beat an old guy moving down in weight who hadn't fought actively in many years wasn't as impressive as a really old guy putting one of the great clinics of modern times to a young, hungry, prime champion who many thought would be the first and only guy to KO old B-Hop.

That's just my opinion though, and while Pac's fight was massively impressive I just found the way Hopkins neutralised completely a power punching, volume punching guy to looking like an amateur rookie with no answer whatsoever to anything Hopkins pulled out. Stunningly brilliant performance.

I think that a young, prime guy that upsets an older fighter is never really as surprising as the opposite happening, no matter how much the old guy was favoured. Too many possibilities. Also, two prime guys fighting each other, that also happen to be the best in the division, and with one expected to dominate easily and maybe knock out the other guy only for it to be completely the opposite is more incredible.
          Last edited by BennyST; 12-22-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
            2008 Ring fan polls: Upset of the Year

Link for Voting

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Timothy Bradley W12 Junior Witter – Bradley, fighting a more-experienced titleholder outside the U.S. for the first time, gave an inspired performance to win.

Bernard Hopkins W 12 Kelly Pavlik – Hopkins proved at 43 that he could still handle a fierce young fighter, particularly one with limited boxing ability and hand speed.

Oscar De La Hoya RTD 8 vs Manny Pacquiao – Pacquiao was deemed too small and a 2-1 underdog but proved that profound ability and speed shouldn’t be underestimated.

Carlos Quintana W 12 Paul Williams – Williams wasn’t himself and later exacted revenge. However, Quintana deserves credit: He got the job done against a top fighter.
            Corrected it for you Sonic Flood. The only guy to KO Oscar is the great B-Hop. Gotta get it right mate.

Comment

That HOPKINS fight was a good one wasn't it?.

Who did you pick to win?, i can't remember.

Comment

Im bias so I pick Oscar-Manny...

Comment

i knew manny would win, so I voted for hopkins. People were talking about hopkins dieing in the ring and **** and getting KO'd. I know people said the same about pacquiao, but oscar is past his prime, pavlik is 26.

Comment

Pac-DLH obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X