No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Says Vera Fight Being Pushed To July 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Says Vera Fight Being Pushed To July 13

According to former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs), his anticipated ring return is being moved from June 22 to July 13th, against Brian Vera (23-6, 14KOs) and most likely at the Mexico City Arena.

"It is virtually a change of three weeks that I feel is necessary to get better prepared and that's a good date," Chavez said. "The fight is against Brian Vera, who is a dangerous opponent and one of the two options we had. We hope to announce it soon."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    According to former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs), his anticipated ring return is being moved from June 22 to July 13th, against Brian Vera (23-6, 14KOs) and most likely at the Mexico City Arena.

"It is virtually a change of three weeks that I feel is necessary to get better prepared and that's a good date," Chavez said. "The fight is against Brian Vera, who is a dangerous opponent and one of the two options we had. We hope to announce it soon."
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Sounds like Chavez is just taking this like a stroll in the park. He doesn't feel a need to come down to the limit.

Comment

Very 'meh' fight on paper that will probably be entertaining in ring. Easy win for Chavez if he comes in shape.

Comment

I don't think Sergio is fighting him again in September

Comment

gonna get his out the way and have a mega fight later that year

Comment

Pathetic opponent and again. No discipline mindset.why don't this idiot just move up to 168. After this 165 catch weight crap.he'll enter the ring dam near 200lbs. He's pathetic.

Comment

a pure BS bout w/Vera being nothing more than a punching bag...

Comment

There's no problem getting down to the MW limit, yet this fight is taking place at SMW. Vera has almost no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Trenchant View Post
                  Sounds like Chavez is just taking this like a stroll in the park. He doesn't feel a need to come down to the limit.
                  He probably can't make 160 anymore...

Comment

Vera will make for a good fight. he's a solid guy who likes to fight and he's really a super middle so Chavez won't have a size advantage.

like I said before I doubt Chavez will ever fight Martinez again. 160 is too hard for him to make, no matter what he says, and Martinez totally dominated him in the 1st fight. let's be serious if Martinez hadn't got ****y the KD wouldn't have happened.

since the WBC stripped Ward, you know they are paving the way for Chavez to get the title.

Chavez will never go back to 160

Comment

Working...
                    X