Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you still win a round you've been knocked down in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez could but I Ajose might have against Matthysse one of the rounds

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
      Let's say fighter A was knocked down by fighter B. The KD happened in the first minute, but after fighter A got up, he proceeded to school fighter B. Would that round in a 9-9 score?

Or would it be a 10-8 score from there?

10-9 for fighter A

Comment

PAc knocked JMM 3x's in one round and 2 judges scored correctly 10-6 round and one numbskull scored it a 10-7 round but........ i believe if there are 3 knockdowns or more in a round you have the option to score it a 10-7 or 10-6, which makes no f'ing sense. Anyhow that cost Pac the fight and he had to settle for a draw. To the TS, come on, 10-9 to fighter A kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
          PAc knocked JMM 3x's in one round and 2 judges scored correctly 10-6 round and one numbskull scored it a 10-7 round but........ i believe if there are 3 knockdowns or more in a round you have the option to score it a 10-7 or 10-6, which makes no f'ing sense. Anyhow that cost Pac the fight and he had to settle for a draw. To the TS, come on, 10-9 to fighter A kid.
          You are wrong. The judge who scored it 10-7 was correct in doing so. Marquez was winning the round up to the flash knock-down. That would change the scoring from a 10-9 to Marquez to a 10-10, the second knock-down to a 10-9 Manny, and the third to a 10-8 and that would make Manny the winner for the extra point 10-7 -- correct scoring of the first round.

They should change the 10-point must system to a 3-point max.

Winner gets 1 point
          Winner and knock-down or domination gets 2
          Multiple knock-downs get 3

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
            Let's say fighter A was knocked down by fighter B. The KD happened in the first minute, but after fighter A got up, he proceeded to school fighter B. Would that round in a 9-9 score?

Or would it be a 10-8 score from there?
            It would be a 10-10 or 10-9 to fighter A depending on how badly he schooled him.

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
            To the TS, come on, 10-9 to fighter A kid.
            Please stop trying to score fights.
            Last edited by Fury; 01-06-2013, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Of course if you use the ten-point must system as I believe it was intended; where both boxers start with ten points each and lose points for KDs, losing the round and deductions then the correct scoring for that round would be 9-9 or 9-8.

Fighter A losses a point for being knocked down.
              Fighter B losses a point for losing the round.
              Fighter B losses an additional point for being dominated.

Comment

I'm confusing myself. With that explanation Marquez would have lost the first round 10-6.

Comment

my understanding is this: under the 10 point must system, if fighter A gets knocked down but wins the round, the round is scored 9-9 (10-9 for fighter A actually but because of the knockdown one point is deducted).
                  Marquez vs Katsidis was a fight in which Marquez got knocked down in a round and almost won the round after that, so you could have scored it 9-9.
                  But usually in 99.99 % of all fights, you give the fighter the round who scored the knockdown, so you score it 10-9 for the fighter who scored the knockdown and the knockdown itself takes one point away from the opponent, so you end up with a 10-8 score.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                    It would be a 10-10 or 10-9 to fighter A depending on how badly he schooled him.

Please stop trying to score fights.
                    Dude, you got something wrong here. A round in which a fighter gets knocked down will NEVER be scored 10-10 cause the knockdown always takes one point away, no matter under which system the fight is being scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                      Dude, you got something wrong here. A round in which a fighter gets knocked down will NEVER be scored 10-10 cause the knockdown always takes one point away, no matter under which system the fight is being scored.
                      Yes, but it would produce some confusing scores for the rounds. Marquez winning the round up to the half way point of the round 10-9. Pacquiao gets a KD. (9-9) second KD (8-9) third KD (7-9) and overall winner of the round (6-9).

Comment

Working...
                      X