No announcement yet.

Anthony Johnson Defeated Andrei Arlovski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeStevens86 View Post
    Anthony Johnson is a mental midget. The guy has incredible skill and punching power but he is a doorknob upstairs.

He kept pinning Arlovski against the cage for no reason in the 2nd and 3rd rounds after he had him cornered and could have ko'd him easily. Made no sense. And if he was tired that early in the fight then he still isn't training hard enough. The guy doesn't deserve to come back to the UFC imo.
    He gassed because it was his 1st fight at 230. I mean he had no big cardio issues at 170-205. He was 235 a month before the fight and came in at 230 so he basically fought at his 'off season' weight.

Still did good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
      He gassed because it was his 1st fight at 230. I mean he had no big cardio issues at 170-205. He was 235 a month before the fight and came in at 230 so he basically fought at his 'off season' weight.

Still did good IMO.
      yeah you could tell he was carrying some extra weight that wasnt muscle. its the same laziness that always plagued him. i mean if hes not gonna lose weight to make the limit, why would he lose weight at HW? it would benefit him if he did but dude is just lazy. one of the biggest wastes of talent in mma.

Comment

Comment

i think thats a good weight for him, he had well defined abs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post

Still did good IMO.
            He's always had cardio problems in every fight that has gone past the 1st round.

Having not to cut weight actually should have helped him if anything. Draining weight takes a lot out of the body. Thats not an excuse. He just isn't training hard enough.

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
            i think thats a good weight for him, he had well defined abs.
            yeah I think Johnson is a tweener. He's a tad too big for LHW and a tad too small for HW.

I would say he's a natural small HW like Velasquez, Cormier, Schaub and Kongo.

I think the UFC will need to make another division soon to separate the big HWs from the smaller ones.
            Last edited by JoeStevens86; 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X