No announcement yet.

Worst individual Judges in fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst individual Judges in fights

Post examples of individual judges who in your opinion judged a fight completely wrong. Example: Eugenia Williams in the Holyfield Lewis Draw. Doesn't have to be the whole fight, if one judge scores a split decision you think should be unanimous etc.

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
    Post examples of individual judges who in your opinion judged a fight completely wrong. Example: Eugenia Williams in the Holyfield Lewis Draw. Doesn't have to be the whole fight, if one judge scores a split decision you think should be unanimous etc.
    Firs fight and judge that came to mind

Comment

Jo Jo Guerra will forever be one of the leaders of this list, with his 118-110 card for Leonard over Hagler. People forever argue this fight. I have no problem, with a close Leonard win, close Hagler win, or draw. A card of 10-2 however is insane.

Eugenia Williams having Holyfield beating Lewis 115-113 in the first fight is one of the worst cards ever. Larry O'Connell's 115-115 card was only marginally less ****ty. Lewis won that by a wide margin.

Ken Morita having Douglas losing to Tyson going into the 10th. Morita also had De La Hoya beating Quartey by FOUR POINTS.

Yusaku Yoshida and Ove Ovesen both had Hagler beating Duran by one point, and Guy Jutras had Hagler winning by two. All of those cards were ridiculous. If Duran had won the 15th round, he would've won the fight, and that would've been one of the worst robberies in the history of boxing.

Hal Miller having Benitez beating Duran by just one point was insane. Dave Moretti's card of Benitez up 3 points was slightly better, but still definitely too close.

Duane Ford had Moorer beating Foreman by just one point, 86-85, going into the 10th. Ford also gave Taylor the 12th round against Hopkins in their first fight (if he'd scored it for Hopkins like 99.9999% of viewers than it would've been a draw).

Tom Kaczmarek's 113-112 card in favor of Leonard over Hearns in the rematch. Kaczmareck had another classic scorecard in Vegas with his 115-113 card in favor of De La Hoya over Mayweather.

Glen Hamada's 115-113 card for Katsidis over Diaz. He also had Jones beating Tarver in the first fight 9-3. I agreed with Jones winning, but definitely not by six points.

Ismael Fernandez's scorecard of 146-143 for Escalera over Everett, and Lou Tress's card of 145-143 in favor of Escalera. Everett got ****ed like a tranny hooker.
      Last edited by Thread Stealer; 06-23-2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Whoever the judges were in Valuev/Holyfield. Terrible fight, terrible judging.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
          Whoever the judges were in Valuev/Holyfield. Terrible fight, terrible judging.
          Agreed .

Comment

I can't recall the fights off the top of my head, but Patricia sumthin in DLH-Vargas and a few others was way off.

Comment

Doug Tucker - Mijares-Navarro had it 120-108 for Navarro.

Anyone who scored Casamayor-Santa Cruz fight for Casa.

Whoever had Whitaker-Chavez anything, but a win for Pernell.

Comment

Pierluigi Poppi 116-112, Valuev over Holyfield.

Tony Crebs 116-110, James Toney over Fres Oquendo.

Oscar Perez 116-110, Takeshi Shimakawa 117-111, Chris John over Juan Manuel Marquez.

.....Bout all I can think of right now.

Comment

Working...
                X