No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan For The Ages: Marquez Gets His Knockout Revenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan For The Ages: Marquez Gets His Knockout Revenge

By Jake Donovan - Eight-and-a-half years later, a great rivalry finally gains a definitive ending.

In a wild fight that saw both fighters hit the canvas, Juan Manuel Marquez had the final say with a vicious one-punch sixth round knockout of Manny Pacquiao in their fourth fight Saturday evening at the MGM Grand.

The one shot – a perfectly-timed counter right hook – took the fight out the judges’ hands for the first time in their tetralogy. Fans of both fighters insisted their guy to be 3-0 in the series, with each of the previous three encounters being that close and debatable.

Part four threatened to go down the same route, though less to do with outboxing each other and more to do with who can inflict the most harm.

The answer to that, surprisingly, was Marquez.

Pacquiao jumped out to an early lead, taking the opening two rounds with speed and movement. Marquez didn’t necessarily have knockout on his mind, but certainly fought with the mentality of a fighter who wasn’t going to fall prey to the judges any more in this long-running series. [Click Here To Read More]

KO of the year and FOTY. Marquez is a beast. Will this lead to a massive exodus of Pacfarts? God I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
      KO of the year and FOTY. Marquez is a beast. Will this lead to a massive exodus of Pacfarts? God I hope so.
      No, they'll cry PED for quite some time. I do wonder though, will Marquez go back down or stay at welterweight, and what are the plans now for Pacqiao-Rios?

Comment

Marquez, Pacman had the balls to give you a 4th fight when he could have gone another way.

Give him the chance at revenge, and maybe the career-ending fight for both.

Comment

It had to end this way!! What a great ending to the greatest rivalry in boxing history! I'm sad that Pac lost but I'm happy to have this closure in the rivalry. I'm happpy I got to witness all 4 fights!!!

Congrats to marquez and to my comrade Pacquiao! Thanks for all the memories!!!

Comment

Marquez can retire knowing he ended pacs career warrrrr Marquez bye bye pac

Comment

Marquez is the new P4P King, he just knocked out an ATG and Top P4P fighter out cold. while going up in weight at 40. In one of boxings greatest rivalries.

better win than Ward and Mayweather this year and last year..... nothing comes close
              Last edited by LeG00N; 12-09-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Marquez works with Angel Balco Hernandez known for helping Athletes mask PED detection. Open your eyes people.. Marquez BIGGER and all of a sudden stronger..

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                  Marquez, Pacman had the balls to give you a 4th fight when he could have gone another way.

Give him the chance at revenge, and maybe the career-ending fight for both.
                  It was Marquez or Bradley. and considering how much of a stinker the public thought the Bradley fight was, there really wasn't a choice.

Actually, Pacman never had a choice. Arum makes all the fights. Manny just goes along with it.

Comment

I am shocked and in aw still...just can't believe It...Ironed chin pac man just got knocked out cold...amazing he fought all these bigass dudes and never really got hurt but jmm ko's him? just proves timing beats every thing...amazing

Comment

Working...
                    X