Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Degale Reveals Froch, Ward, Dirrell & Abraham Are Too Scared To Fight Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    The question was about whether he could throw a hook.

Gonzales was a decent opponent. DeGale agreed to fight Andre Ward in America and is desperate to fight Carl Froch....so I don't think he has any issue fighting top opponents, he's just made some poor promotional choices.

Talent wise, I don't see too many better that have come out of Britain in recent history. I don't see the Tim Bradley comparison. Bradley is more a hard working determined fighter with not that much skill. DeGale can be lazy but he is very talented and skilled.
    I didn't say he won't fight anyone I just said using Gonzalez doesn't mean much because he's not very good.

Again I don't see this talent. I don't see any area he does anything particular well that's why I used the Bradley comparison.

He's not very fast, doesn't punch hard, average reflexes at best, average defense, average footwork, I honestly can't name a single area where he's better than average.

Seems to have a decent chin I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I didn't say he won't fight anyone I just said using Gonzalez doesn't mean much because he's not very good.

Again I don't see this talent. I don't see any area he does anything particular well that's why I used the Bradley comparison.

He's not very fast, doesn't punch hard, average reflexes at best, average defense, average footwork, I honestly can't name a single area where he's better than average.

I was using the shots he landed on Gonzales rather than Gonzales himself as Demise said he couldn't throw a hook.

I think he definitely has above average defence - head and upper body movement. His movement was hampered by knee and groin injuries hence all the laying on the ropes and taking silly punches. He is excellent on the inside and can box well on the outside too. Good speed and reflexes, underrated power.

Injuries and out of the ring issues have meant we haven't seen the best of him yet. Trust me....the Buture's Fright, The Buture's Chunky.

Comment

This is what people pretty much said about Brook before the Porter fight.

Degale has looked ropey at times (pun intended) but he certainly has the skill and talent, he hasn't had the focus or made the right choices in his early career. I think he goes far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I was using the shots he landed on Gonzales rather than Gonzales himself as Demise said he couldn't throw a hook.

I think he definitely has above average defence - head and upper body movement. His movement was hampered by knee and groin injuries hence all the laying on the ropes and taking silly punches. He is excellent on the inside and can box well on the outside too. Good speed and reflexes, underrated power.

Injuries and out of the ring issues have meant we haven't seen the best of him yet. Trust me....the Buture's Fright, The Buture's Chunky.
          Excellent on the inside?? What? I don't see that.

Would not label anything you've labelled as "good" as good. Especially reflexes and speed.

I think his defense is quite poor to be honest let alone good.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            This is what people pretty much said about Brook before the Porter fight.

Degale has looked ropey at times (pun intended) but he certainly has the skill and talent, he hasn't had the focus or made the right choices in his early career. I think he goes far.
            I think Brook and Degale are a good comparison actually.

Both good fighters with decent boxing skills but neither overly talented despite this idea that they are.

Comment

Who's Gonzalez though?

I don't see this talent from Degale. He reminds me more of Tim Bradley talent wise I.e not much talent.
              Tim Bradley, "not much talent".

Laughable.

Comment

Excellent on the inside?? What? I don't see that.

Would not label anything you've labelled as "good" as good. Especially reflexes and speed.

I think his defense is quite poor to be honest let alone good.
                Watch the Gonzales KD. The way he slipped and rolled punches on the inside whilst countering beautifully. That's DeGale at his best.

Comment

I think Brook and Degale are a good comparison actually.

Both good fighters with decent boxing skills but neither overly talented despite this idea that they are.
                  DeGale is far more slick and slippery than Brook who is more of straight up boxer-puncher.

Comment

DaGirl couldn't even win decisively against Groves. How the **** is he gonna beat the upper list of opponents like Ward, Froch or even Dirrell (if he gets back to form)???!!!

Beating a guy like Gonzalez doesn't make him elite,or even anything other than average. DaGirl would have serious troubles with guys like Ward or Dirrell who can box and move better on the backfoot than Groves-and Groves bothered him. Hell, I am not too sure he can get past Groves in a rematch...let that one happen first, then he can START talking.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                      DaGirl couldn't even win decisively against Groves. How the **** is he gonna beat the upper list of opponents like Ward, Froch or even Dirrell (if he gets back to form)???!!!

Beating a guy like Gonzalez doesn't make him elite,or even anything other than average. DaGirl would have serious troubles with guys like Ward or Dirrell who can box and move better on the backfoot than Groves-and Groves bothered him. Hell, I am not too sure he can get past Groves in a rematch...let that one happen first, then he can START talking.
                      Groves has never wanted the rematch because he knows he got a gift decision the first time.

As long as he gets passed Periban, he's getting a world title shot early next year with or without Carl Froch.

Comment

Working...
                      X