Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why CANT Sugar Ray Leonard be the best of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    You make a good point. Green k.
    Dammit Bo you just reversed the red I gave him for trolling

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Dammit Bo you just reversed the red I gave him for trolling
      Can't get mad at someone who mentions Hagler beating Leonard up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Can't get mad at someone who mentions Hagler beating Leonard up.
        Bo, what's this hang up with Sugar?

Comment

• If you compare their fights on TV, films . Then Id say SRL any day. SRL was a poet in the ring

Comment

• I'm more impressed with what I see with the limited footage of the original Sugar man than Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by emurgencee View Post
              Most say Robinson, but I wasn't around to witness his era.
              I wasn't around when the french revolution happened but I know about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                Exactly. I had to own a poster because of their hate for Leonard. The poster lied and exaggerated facts, So I posed the question to him.

Who is greater, Leonard or Hearns. He ran for the hills. It must've been a pride thing, lmao.
                1. You said Leonard won Leonard-Hearns 2. (Leonard himself said that he feels him and Hearns are 1-1)
                2. You said Leonard didn't duck Hearns.
                3. You then said Leonard ducked Hearns for 8 years to fight Hagler whom Leonard also ducked for 5 years until Hagler looked bad against Mugabi (he admitted this)

They only person you owned was yourself

Leonard also avoided a fight with Pryor who called him out. Refused a Duran rematch after that lame 2nd fight (until Duran was shot), refused Hagler a rematch after that VERY generous decision and refused Hearns a rematch after the 2nd fight robbery.

When you really break down his resume it's good but not among the top ATG's. Clever match making and lucky decisions.

Leonard: I was sitting there with Michael, and I'm watching Hagler get outboxed by a guy who is known as a slugger, John "The Beast" Mugabi. I said, "Michael, I can beat Hagler." He said, "Yeah, Ray, yeah." Everyone thought I was being a smart-ass. But I really saw a sign [in that fight]. I mean, I always felt I could outbox Hagler. If Mugabi can do that, I can do an even better job. That had the most bearing on my decision to go ahead with a Hagler fight. I felt he was at a point that he didn't have that same fire in his body or in his heart. He wasn't the same guy.
                Last edited by Jam Jars; 08-15-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• because he has a loss on his record? - floyd's logic...

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    1. You said Leonard won Leonard-Hearns 2. (Leonard himself said that he feels him and Hearns are 1-1)
                    2. You said Leonard didn't duck Hearns.
                    3. You then said Leonard ducked Hearns for 8 years to fight Hagler whom Leonard also ducked for 5 years until Hagler looked bad against Mugabi (he admitted this)

They only person you owned was yourself

Leonard also avoided a fight with Pryor who called him out. Refused a Duran rematch after that lame 2nd fight (until Duran was shot), refused Hagler a rematch after that VERY generous decision and refused Hearns a rematch after the 2nd fight robbery.

When you really break down his resume it's good but not among the top ATG's. Clever match making and lucky decisions.

Leonard: I was sitting there with Michael, and I'm watching Hagler get outboxed by a guy who is known as a slugger, John "The Beast" Mugabi. I said, "Michael, I can beat Hagler." He said, "Yeah, Ray, yeah." Everyone thought I was being a smart-ass. But I really saw a sign [in that fight]. I mean, I always felt I could outbox Hagler. If Mugabi can do that, I can do an even better job. That had the most bearing on my decision to go ahead with a Hagler fight. I felt he was at a point that he didn't have that same fire in his body or in his heart. He wasn't the same guy.
                    I never said Leonard beat Hearns in the rematch you lying sack of ****. Pull the post up, lmao. The rest of what you posted is your just trash opinion minus the Leonard commentating on Hagler Mugabi. Where you Google, I was watching.

Comment

• That was a nasty break

Comment

Working...
                      X