Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins: Canelo right now vs 20 year old Fernando Vargas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Vargas was rushed because of the life style he lived outside of the ring and Main Events feared they would never cash out on him.

Comment

This would be a good fight.

I think I'd give the nod to Vargas as his defense was a bit better. Both are/ were heavy handed and have/ had a strong fighting spirit.

Canelo's chin is somewhat suspect in view due to the Jose Miguel Cotto fight.

It would be a terrific fight for as long as it lasted.

Comment

Not even a question, IMO. Vargas just eats Alvarez.

Comment

Vargas no doubt about it.

Comment

I sense Alvarez is getting overrated, a little.

Comment

Vargas would ko him early

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I sense Alvarez is getting overrated, a little.

Just a little?

Haven't you heard? Canelo is the next great Mexican fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
                  I heard Vargas was rushed because of the life style he lived outside of the ring and Main Events feared they would never cash out on him.
                  Well Vargas was having legal issues. He got arrested and was going to court for something, I forget. And, already had taken opponents lightly like Winky Wright in a fight where he came out of shaped and unprepared. So he was making Main Events nervous and rushed him a bit.

But, at the same time Vargas was beating some solid good fighters. He was advanced for his age. Way more than what Alvarez is right now. The Tito fight, even though it was seen as a mismatch in the experience factor, Vargas was seen as having a great chance in beating Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by jmasta View Post
                    Just a little?

Haven't you heard? Canelo is the next great Mexican fighter.
                    Sarcasm

He is a good fighter IMO but he's nothing to shout about or so he has proven so far.

Comment

I like Saul a lot but Vargas was a fantastic fighter. He was mixing it with Quartey, Winky and Tito at that age. Even the Tito fight...to survive as long as he did against Tito that night is a testament to the level of skill he had (as well as, ofc, heart).

Comment

Working...
                      X