Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many and how long do sparring sessions occur in a typical training camp at the e

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many and how long do sparring sessions occur in a typical training camp at the e

Elite lvel...any1 know?

Most pros build it up as a fight gets closer. Usually they start with 4-6 rounds and a few weeks later they're doing 10, 12, or even 15 rounds of sparring.

Comment

It also depends on the fighter. Manny can do 30 rounds in a day, others wouldn't do go up to 12 until 7-10 days before the fight.

Comment

word. what about the amount of sparring sessions

Comment

Well they would build it up to the point of doing the amount of rounds (or possibly more) that their fight is scheduled for. Then they would scale it back down again in the last 7-10 days to rest well and also prevent last minute injury.

Comment

That depends on the amt of rds you'll fight. A 12 rd fighter will work himself up to 10 or so rds and as the fight approaches cut down on rds.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
              It also depends on the fighter. Manny can do 30 rounds in a day, others wouldn't do go up to 12 until 7-10 days before the fight.
              Source? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
                Source? lol
                LOL, i thats what i thought..........

Comment

lol alright that includes pad work too - 30 rounds a day still

I'll find link if u don't believe that

Comment

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
                    That depends on the amt of rds you'll fight. A 12 rd fighter will work himself up to 10 or so rds and as the fight approaches cut down on rds.
                    10 or so? Wouldn't you want to be reaching the distance you fight at?

Like I know it's different me being a 3 round fighter, but my sparring sessions go for 4 rounds at least. To make sure I can do 3 rounds with no problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X