The next Roy Jones is fighting tonight in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    At this stage he also loses to Murray as well, and Macklin

I think he could beat the likes of Barker, Lee, Macklin in a year.

When he's prime he'll be a handful and be a different class IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
      I think he could beat the likes of Barker, Lee, Macklin in a year.

When he's prime he'll be a handful and be a different class IMO.
      I agree. he's coming up nicely don't get me wrong. I just think guys like Murray, Barker and macklin have some season and grit on their side right now. Barker depending on how he performs tonight will say a lot about where he's at as well.

I do think in a year or 2 he will be the talk of the division though. A lot of the top guys in teh division are older and the up and comers all arent that impressive to me either. Golovkin comes to mind the fastest.. I don't see him as being any better than Chavez JR honestly. More power and a higher workrate, but the rest is the same IMO. It's a stacked division in terms of talent and there can be some GREAT fights stylistically to be made at MW but i feel like the division is wide open for someone to catapult to the top. I feel like it's full of b- level fights right now with martinez being the Only A, possible A+.

Comment

I agree. he's coming up nicely don't get me wrong. I just think guys like Murray, Barker and macklin have some season and grit on their side right now. Barker depending on how he performs tonight will say a lot about where he's at as well.

I do think in a year or 2 he will be the talk of the division though. A lot of the top guys in teh division are older and the up and comers all arent that impressive to me either. Golovkin comes to mind the fastest.. I don't see him as being any better than Chavez JR honestly. More power and a higher workrate, but the rest is the same IMO. It's a stacked division in terms of talent and there can be some GREAT fights stylistically to be made at MW but i feel like the division is wide open for someone to catapult to the top. I feel like it's full of b- level fights right now with martinez being the Only A, possible A+.
        It's an exciting time for the middleweight divisions. Loads of young hungry prospects looking to a make a name for themselves and hit the top. In 2 years, the division is going to be stacked even more. Really looking forward to seeing some great match-ups in the next couple of the years.

Martinez is defiantly on a different level to the rest at the moment. Stylistically difficult and awkward to fight. I think providing Martinez hangs around at 154-160 he could be dethroned in two or so years though.

However, throwing these young guns in the ring with Martinez right now is not a good idea. They should stay away for a while at least, they aren't ready for him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
          It's an exciting time for the middleweight divisions. Loads of young hungry prospects looking to a make a name for themselves and hit the top. In 2 years, the division is going to be stacked even more. Really looking forward to seeing some great match-ups in the next couple of the years.

Martinez is defiantly on a different level to the rest at the moment. Stylistically difficult and awkward to fight. I think providing Martinez hangs around at 154-160 he could be dethroned in two or so years though.

However, throwing these young guns in the ring with Martinez right now is not a good idea. They should stay away for a while at least, they aren't ready for him yet.
          Agreed 100%, I also will say I am in disagreement with whoever said Lee would possibly beat Proksa as well. Although green in spots I do think Proska is a world beater compared to McEwan and we know what happened in that Lee/McEwan fight.

I think Lee is getting a pretty decent Buzz right now. He's ALWAYS on the same Card as Martinez in his last 2 outings and it IMO looks like they are putting them on the same cards to get Lee some exposure as a possible martinez opponent in the future. (LOL, right?)

If any of the foreigners are going to make a name for themselves I'd think it would be against Lee. I see him being very vulnerable in many areas and he's an HBO fighter, so he'll get them some attention as well. I'd like to see him and Proska.

Comment

Agreed 100%, I also will say I am in disagreement with whoever said Lee would possibly beat Proksa as well. Although green in spots I do think Proska is a world beater compared to McEwan and we know what happened in that Lee/McEwan fight.

I think Lee is getting a pretty decent Buzz right now. He's ALWAYS on the same Card as Martinez in his last 2 outings and it IMO looks like they are putting them on the same cards to get Lee some exposure as a possible martinez opponent in the future. (LOL, right?)

If any of the foreigners are going to make a name for themselves I'd think it would be against Lee. I see him being very vulnerable in many areas and he's an HBO fighter, so he'll get them some attention as well. I'd like to see him and Proska.
            Lee could be a possibility for Proska providing he wins tonight. I'd have no qualms with Proska getting in with Lee - even now. I mean tonight was a little bit of a shock in the manner Proska won, he single handily took his opponent part in spectacular fashion.

I'm pretty sure Lee will fight one of the up and comers next. He seems to be the type of opponent that fits the bill perfectly.

In no way should Lee be granted with a shot vs Martinez though, he would be systematically broke down and beaten up.

Comment

Who is he promoted by?

Who is he trained by? He seems to be based in the UK from what I can tell.

Comment

Working...
              X