No announcement yet.

Ward vs kovalev at 175 ? Who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
    Ward beats anyone put infront of him, him getting injured & taking a year off was a Good thing, during his absence we have had good contenders rise up as challenges for the p4p prince from 160 to 175 there is starting to be some interesting challenges for Ward
    When has Ward ever fought at 160? If he drained himself to 160 he'll end up getting Dawson'd. So get the fu*k out of here with that ****. lol. We also don't know how good he'll be at 175 because he's never fought there before. I figure his power will be even weaker, at 168 he is just strong enough to keep his opponents at bay. I wouldn't crown him the undisputed champion at 168-200 until he actually goes and does it. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
      "Plenty of match-ups".

He has practically cleared out the division.
      There are enough names out there to keep him going for the next 2-3 years.

Chavez, Golovkin, Froch, Rodriguez, Kessler, Dirrell, Stieglitz and a few more besides.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Ward has been hurt,,, Five years from now he will have beaten everyone at 168....

then he will make his move to 175, much like how calzaghe did it late in his career
        I prefer to concentrate on the present.

He already beat everyone at 168.

His shoulder is healed.

Its time to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          "Plenty of match-ups".

He has practically cleared out the division.
          Edwin Rodriguez, Bute, Stieglitz, Chavez Jr., Dirrell brothers, Froch II, Oosthuizen, etc. There are plenty of fights out there for him, beating Kessler and Froch isn't exactly 'practically clearing the division.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I think that making a legacy and going down in history is what ward wants,,, He will eventually move up to 175, but i think he does what hopkins did at middleweight, and just stay there forever and beat people up...
            Wrong, Ward wants to be on PPV, he's looking for the most lucrative fights he can get (like every fighter). Right now, it's either a Froch rematch or a Chavez fight. Hopkins did what he did because he had no choice, Ward is much more famous than Hopkins was at his age.

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
            Edwin Rodriguez, Bute, Stieglitz, Chavez Jr., Dirrell brothers, Froch II, Oosthuizen, etc. There are plenty of fights out there for him, beating Kessler and Froch isn't exactly 'practically clearing the division.'
            Oosthuizen, Rodriguez and the Dirrell bros aren't lucrative opponents, Stieglitz only in Germany. Bute will probably get destroyed by Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Wrong, Ward wants to be on PPV, he's looking for the most lucrative fights he can get (like every fighter). Right now, it's either a Froch rematch or a Chavez fight. Hopkins did what he did because he had no choice, Ward is much more famous than Hopkins was at his age.

Oosthuizen, Rodriguez and the Dirrell bros aren't lucrative opponents, Stieglitz only in Germany. Bute will probably get destroyed by Pascal.
              Well nether are Truax (a 160 pounder) and Sartison. I'm sure that if HBO is willing to put in the money, a fight against Stieglitz and other half-decent opponents can be made. Also as far as I'm concerned, Bute v. Pascal is either off or postponed for the near future.
              Last edited by BafanaBafana; 08-20-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Well nether are Truax (a 160 pounder) and Sartison. I'm sure that if HBO is willing to put in the money, a fight against Stieglitz and other half-decent opponents can be made. Also as far as I'm concerned to Bute v. Pascal is either off or postponed for the near future.
                These guys are tune ups, low risk low reward, can't compare them top 10 guys who are high risk low reward.

Bute/Pascal is still on but postponed because Bute is injured, so a Ward fight is out of the question.

Comment

I think Kovalev knocks Ward out, but I'll say this: Ward has the best chance of anyone around light heavyweight to beat Kovalev. Ward is a great counterpuncher, knows how to use the ring, and has great hands speed. He can't match Kovalev's work rate, but he could time him with a few good shots and earn his respect, unlike the rest of Kovalev's opponents so far.

Ward should not be scared to make this fight, either, as it's his best chance of creating a Mayweather type of payday for him.

But both guys need one more big win to make this fight a superfight.

Comment

Ward is a future ATG but i just dont see anyone with a human brain being able to take 12 rounds of Kovalev's shots he's just to accurate you will have to knock him out with 1 punch to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
                      Ward is a future ATG but i just dont see anyone with a human brain being able to take 12 rounds of Kovalev's shots he's just to accurate you will have to knock him out with 1 punch to beat him.
                      Or wait till he gasses out,,, then proceed to beat him up,,,

Im not sold on his stamina yet,,,, nobody has been able to give him a deep waters fight,,,,,,

Thats my only question mark about kovolez

Comment

Working...
                      X