No announcement yet.

Rigos style is not "Casual" fan friendly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigos style is not "Casual" fan friendly

So to all the so called "Boxing fans" here on BS who say Rigos style is boring, time to re-evaluate.
    Casuals want rock um sock um robots, boxing fans were pleased lastnight.

No it's the fact he plays it way too safe, he has the physical ability and "skills" but doesn't apply them in a fan friendly way. He's happy to land 6 meaningful shots a round and frustrate the other guy while on his bike for the rest of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
      No it's the fact he plays it way too safe, he has the physical ability and "skills" but doesn't apply them in a fan friendly way. He's happy to land 6 meaningful shots a round and frustrate the other guy while on his bike for the rest of the round.
      Can I ask you a question... What is boxing to you? I'm curious

Comment

He's the ultimate troll. He knows you can't hit him, and he'll land a left on you first, and force you to chase.

Comment

Lol I don't get it... i for one think he's exciting. Crisp precise punches with pop. So what if he doesn't go all out on offense, that's not his style. Defense first. Last night we saw a great boxing performance and people/writers weren't impressed? I think its cause the 2nd coming of pacquaio was exposed and a blueprint was laid out.

Comment

Didn't Rigo said that his fighting the Cuban way, hit and run.

There is an article in Yahoo about last nights fight concerning the winner. Even though Rigo won, he is hard to sell with his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Meanrighthook29 View Post
              Lol I don't get it... i for one think he's exciting. Crisp precise punches with pop. So what if he doesn't go all out on offense, that's not his style. Defense first. Last night we saw a great boxing performance and people/writers weren't impressed? I think its cause the 2nd coming of pacquaio was exposed and a blueprint was laid out.
              The casual fan of boxing will

Comment

Casuals want to see knockouts and Rigo doesn't actively go for the knockout hence he's not really a crowd pleaser. Plus the guy doesn't throw that many punches, there is not a lot for people who don't see the nuances to view.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                  So to all the so called "Boxing fans" here on BS who say Rigos style is boring, time to re-evaluate.
                  Casuals want rock um sock um robots, boxing fans were pleased lastnight.
                  Could you sound any more like a twat if you tried? You are consistently one of the worst posters here and a complete fanboy, so WTF do you know about boxing thats any more useful, accurate or interesting than the average 'casual(even this term makes me giggle as its mainly a so called insult invented and used as such mainly by the scummier end of the floyd mayweather fanboy scale) fan'? Absolutely **** all!

Comment

Who gives a damn about casual fans.
                    Its like soccer. If you watch it for the first time you're either going to like it or not. Either way the average soccer game will only have 1 or 2 goals. You can't change it. It is what it is.
                    Doesn't stop it from being the most popular sport in the world.
                    We watch it for the skill not the KO's. That's just the icing on the cake. At least for me.

If you're going to a boxing match expecting to see a ko you should turn around and go home.

Comment

Working...
                    X