No announcement yet.

David Haye set for ring return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    He'd definitely make more. It'd likely be a 50/50 or 60/40 split; much better than the proposed 80/20 for the Wladimir fight.
    If Povetkin could get more by fighting Haye than Wlad, then he'd probably take it as I reckon he'd have a better chance of winning against Haye.

Call me pessimistic though. I doubt the purse would be better and I am even more doubtful about Haye really wanting that fight.

Should it happen there's a good chance of it becoming the best HW fight in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      If Povetkin could get more by fighting Haye than Wlad, then he'd probably take it as I reckon he'd have a better chance of winning against Haye.

Call me pessimistic though. I doubt the purse would be better and I am even more doubtful about Haye really wanting that fight.

Should it happen there's a good chance of it becoming the best HW fight in a very long time.
      He's getting 25% of the pot if he fights Wlad, but Wlad has that TV deal with RTL. If Haye fights him on Pay-Per View and he gets a good percentage, I reckon he'd wind up making a bit more.

You also have to consider that he's jumped through a lot of hoops to avoid fighting Wladimir.

However, I'm also doubtful of the idea of Haye wanting to fight him. He just doesn't seem to give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He's getting 25% of the pot if he fights Wlad, but Wlad has that TV deal with RTL. If Haye fights him on Pay-Per View and he gets a good percentage, I reckon he'd wind up making a bit more.

You also have to consider that he's jumped through a lot of hoops to avoid fighting Wladimir.

However, I'm also doubtful of the idea of Haye wanting to fight him. He just doesn't seem to give a ****.
        Povetkin-Haye on PPV? Didn't SKY say that there was only 3 fights that would make PPV and I'm confident this fight wasn't one of them.

Comment

Povetkin-Haye on PPV? Didn't SKY say that there was only 3 fights that would make PPV and I'm confident this fight wasn't one of them.
          If they don't want it i'm sure Primetime TV would happily pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            If they don't want it i'm sure Primetime TV would happily pick it up.
            Is that a network that generates a worthwhile revenue?

Comment

Haye is going to do whatever he is going to do. What he says he is going to do is seldom what he ends up doing. I enjoyed his great job of crushing Chisora.

Comment

I'd would be good to see him in with Adamek.

Haye would probably smash him but it would be all action while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  Povetkin would have better chance than most think, provided he fight on the inside where Haye couldn't leap out with his punches. I doubt we'll see that fight though. Povetkins knows if he beat Wladimir, that would go down as a great victory. If he beat Haye it would merely go down as a good victory. Also, losing to Wladimir could be brushed off as something everyone in the division goes through. The same can't be said for losing to Haye.

I have trouble playing Haye-Helenius out in my mind. I agree Chambers would be a bad stylistic match-up for Haye, although Arreola would be worse still. I don't know what to think of Pulev yet.

It will be interesting to see if Price targets Haye as a way of redeeming his name. The Thompson loss was a big set back. A victory over Haye would redeem him completely and make a fight with Wladimir a big event.
                  Interesting; but what if Povetkin stops Haye (something Wlad was unable to do). Surely that gives him more bargaining power in negotiations.

Remember, Povetkin was an Olympic gold medalist. He isn't some tomato-can.
                  Last edited by yoz; 03-13-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Is that a network that generates a worthwhile revenue?
                    It's a PPV network, Froch and Khan used to use them and they handled Hatton's last fight too. Obviously they can't promote it as heavily as Sky can but it would still be more money than non PPV.

Comment

Povetkin, Adamek, Arreola....there are plenty of guys who are 'rated' who Haye would demolish.

Those would be decent fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X