Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing took a huge blow last night....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing took a huge blow last night....

Say what you want, but Ortiz is an entertaining fighter. He can bang and his fights are always entertaining. I think he will retire now, 2 fights in a row KO and now a broken jaw. No more Canelo Ortiz which would have been awesome and no more good entertaing fights. Thats if he retires...but i think he will, if not he will have a long lay off then rebuild

you're crazy. last night was awesome.

ortiz will be fine. people acting like it's the end of the world. life goes on.

plus most people it seemed disliked ortiz anyway, he wasn't some massive star.

Comment

BLAH!

Ortiz was never anything special, he had once Great Match with Berto and the only reason why that was a great match because neither of them was really that good to begin with, neither has Defense or Head Movement so they are easy to hit

Ortiz gets frustrated when he can't have his way and he resorts to DIRTY TACTICS as CONFIRMED against Lopez, he can't fight inside to save his life either, you can tell when Ortiz is losing confidence because he puts his Guard up and starts to go backward and starts bouncing around and does not throw punches

GBP was ready to cash out on Ortiz in the Canelo fight, they knew Canelo would be able to look impressive against Ortiz because Ortiz really don't do anything special and he is very easy to hit because of the lack of head movement and Defense

I may continue to fight but I don't see him becoming Champion Again, the dude is clearly MENTALLY UNSTABLE!

Comment

Not at all. It got two great fights.

The crowd loved Lopez.

Comment

i agree 2 great fights but if ortiz would have won there would be many more great fights

Comment

Better man won, its that simple

Ortiz didnt deserve a canelo fight if he couldnt win let alone not quit

Comment

how will the sport of boxing ever survive without the great victor ortiz.

Comment

It's nights like that, that keep me coming back after all the BS that boxing has going on.

2 great fights.

Ortiz might retire, I doubt it, I'll be watch Lopez next fight that's for sure.
                Last edited by Furn; 06-24-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

WHO CARES?!!!!!

Last night was perhaps the begining of a star in J. Lopez showing heart, determination, and most importantly skill in out boxing Victor Ortiz. Everybody is talking about hims banging with Vic but I'm more impressed with the ring generalship, footwork, and even countering ability of this kid. Plus he did this in his first fight up from 140 what potential if he can improve.

Comment

Nah...Last night was a great night for boxing.

4 televised bouts, all of them ended in KO's. What more can you ask for?

The main event exceeded expectations and Lopez earned a lot of new fans.

The rematch should be another thriller.

Just think, it should have been Berto vs. Ortiz. But Lopez stood up, took Berto's place and delivered.

Last night, a statement was made that boxing will move on and still produce and entertain despite all these cheaters being caught.

Comment

Working...
                    X