No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver: Lebedev Overrated, No Reason To Fight Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tarver: Lebedev Overrated, No Reason To Fight Him

IBO cruiserweight champion Antonio Tarver has flattened speculation of him taking on interim WBA title holder Denis Lebedev in the near future following reports of a potential bout in the UK against the southpaw.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tarver vs Lebedev

I agree with tarver there is no reason for him to fight lebedev.. hes a 40 year old man late in his career hes already established he wants the intriguing fights, the big names.

Comment

Coward statement.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing is life View Post
        I agree with tarver there is no reason for him to fight lebedev.. hes a 40 year old man late in his career hes already established he wants the intriguing fights, the big names.
        Like who, the Klitschkos?

Its called a duck

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Coward statement.
          tarver is anything but a coward.........in realty tarver really wants to fight a klitschko. he wants to campaign @ heavyweight. if the labedev fight can happen in america he'll likely take it but labedevs people will want it in Europe.

BTW labedev is indeed overrated. he'll probably get wobbled & stopped against tarver.

Comment

Couldn't agree more with Tarver. Lebedev wants no part of Tarver, and unless that is the biggest money fight he can get at 42, no reason to go overseas to knock him out.

Comment

It says he's in discussions with Marco Huck for a unification. I have to agree that unifying the division does more for his legacy than beating Lebedev at this point. If he wins, people will just say that Lebedev beat faded greats. He should fight Denis if those fights fail to materialize though.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Like who, the Klitschkos?

Its called a duck
                ducking a guy that was wobbled & almost beaten by a shot to **** jones?

i love NSB

Comment

TO unify what, the IBO belt?! Tarver would get murdered against either K brother. He'd be lucky to get a shot against Huck. Who has tarver beat at this point and this weight? Green? Come on, he needs to fight some better competition before he can talk the way hes talking. Start with Huck and Cunningham, then do some talking. If you cant beat them, forget about the K brothers.

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  It says he's in discussions with Marco Huck for a unification. I have to agree that unifying the division does more for his legacy than beating Lebedev at this point. If he wins, people will just say that Lebedev beat faded greats. He should fight Denis if those fights fail to materialize though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    theres no discussions going on...........it said that he has been linked to huck & guillermo. no one knows what tarver is gonna do........i do know he said he wants heavyweight (from his own words)
                    Last edited by americanbot; 11-08-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X