Legendary Juan Manuel Marquez aka The Greatest Mexican fighter of all times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez>>>>>>Barrera>Sanchez>Marquez=Morales

Comment

Beating who? Yeah beating nobody. Nice try though.

Comment

Look guy....I love JMM as much as anyone, but there is a hell of alot of tremendous fighters to come out of Mexico who I feel are or were better then Marquez.

Great year for mexican boxing!!

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
          Chavez Sr>>>> Morales>>>>Barrera>>>>....... Marquez..... not even close....
          How could you not even mention Ricardo Lopez...... He was greater than Chavez....

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoDinamita View Post
            u know, unofficially, Marquez is 2-0 against Pacman who's already considered by many people as the greatest little man. NOt only that but he constantly challenged himself by moving up in weight to conquer bigger fighters.. And his next victory at a titleshot would make him the first Mexican to hold 4 titles.

Marquez definitely accomplished more than Lopez.
            You can't knock a fighter for staying at a certain weight since people's bodies are built different. Some can handle the weight changes and others can't. I actually respect fighters more when they unify titles and make defenses of their titles. And guess what, Morales didn't almost beat Pacquiao, he beat him decisively. I like Marquez as fighter but he has a tendency to struggle with many of his opponents. Finito was knocked down once his entire career and I am curious to find out how many rounds he overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              I respect the hell out of Marquez, but its just that Mexico has produced some ****ing top notch fighters that were simply better than him.
              Marquez was/is top notch, its just his resume that lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepillo Loc View Post
                What makes Marquez greater than Barrera or Morales? Beating Juan Diaz?
                Casamayor is badass. Cuban fighters are badass. I like Kid Gavilan and Jose Napoles. I need to learn more about Cuban fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli02 View Post
                  If Salido would have landed that first uppercut...godamn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                    Casamayor is badass. Cuban fighters are badass. I like Kid Gavilan and Jose Napoles. I need to learn more about Cuban fighters.
                    Luis Rodriguez, Kid Chocolate, Teofilo Stevenson, Felix Savon, etc. etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli02 View Post

LOL resume lacks?

beat Pacquiao twice, Casamayor, Barrera, John, knocked out Juan Diaz when JMM was a huge underdog going in to the fight.

Not his fault he got robbed against Pacquiao twice and against JOhn

Comment

Working...
                      X