No announcement yet.

Will you go watch "The Fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new show on Fox

about the old vet boxer making a last comeback looks pretty good too......

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
      I feel like it's a slap to the face to Arturo Gatti, the movie is. The guy just died a year ago, and you would think they would make a movie based on him before Ward. But no, they made a movie of the fighter that Gatti became famous against. My wording is not right, but if you get where i'm coming from. You know, all i'm saying is I think the movie should have been starring a Gatti character. Like if you're going to make a movie of Ward make it years later...not just right after Gatti dies. Am I alone on this?
      i also just read in the Ring Magazine that Mickey Ward wished they would have had used Gatti more. So its not like they took advantage of his death to make this movie a success

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        they probably started filming the movie before GAtti even died
        yes they did, in fact in a recent interview Ward said that he thinks about Gatti everyday and misses him so much, and that when he was hanging out with Mark Whalberg right before filming started he spoke to Gatti and Gatti told him he was going to Brazil to get his kid and when he came back he would come to Boston to hang with Ward and be around the film set and stuff, sadly Gatti never made it back from Brazil.

Comment

I feel like it's a slap to the face to Arturo Gatti, the movie is. The guy just died a year ago, and you would think they would make a movie based on him before Ward. But no, they made a movie of the fighter that Gatti became famous against. My wording is not right, but if you get where i'm coming from. You know, all i'm saying is I think the movie should have been starring a Gatti character. Like if you're going to make a movie of Ward make it years later...not just right after Gatti dies. Am I alone on this?
          Then imagine Jake La Motta getting a movie over the greatest fighter of all time???

Oh wait...what???

Yeah, its not about whether u liked a fighter or not lol... It's main purpose is to take you into the life of a boxer, a fighter.... These guys, all they know is boxing, it's their entire life....Most of them have nothing to fall back on and crumble like "Raging Bull".... People also want to see a fighter's life and how he was inspired to OVERCOME the odds, his HEART...Rocky was inspired by some white dude, who gave Ali a tough fight... You don't have to win, just show a lot of heart - the definition of a fighter...

& Irish Micky Ward was indeed a tough fighter who will always have many boxers respect...

i fell back on a respectful career, but boxing will always be my 1st love... To see how these guys live it..& eat, breathe, & **** it? That to me will always have my respect... I sure hope Marky Mark lives up to his character
          Last edited by fireman_ek50; 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
            they probably started filming the movie before GAtti even died
            They did... Gatti told Ward he was going to come up and chill with Ward on the set when he got back... but he never did.

Not too mention Ward had already written a book... so the story line was there already.

Its not a slap in the fact to Gatti... Gatti would of supported it.

Comment

Mark Wahlberg is at a Gatti workout when he was training for Gomez I guess to study Ward. I think the focus of the movie is the relationship of the brothers.

But damn, Gatti wasn't interesting enough for a movie?

Comment

Mickey in the Boston Herald today on Gatti:
                "Just today I was online and I was looking at him," Ward said. "It gave me the chills. He could be with me on this big tour, the two of us laughing and having fun. Everything can be taken from you in a minute. I liked the way he fought as hard as he could. He wasn't a punk. I wanted to kill him in the ring but I loved him. There were a lot of guys with way more talent than us but no one had more heart. He was me."

Comment

I'm going to an advanced showing tonight to see it

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
                    yes they did, in fact in a recent interview Ward said that he thinks about Gatti everyday and misses him so much, and that when he was hanging out with Mark Whalberg right before filming started he spoke to Gatti and Gatti told him he was going to Brazil to get his kid and when he came back he would come to Boston to hang with Ward and be around the film set and stuff, sadly Gatti never made it back from Brazil.
                    Reading this is really upsetting.. I love Gatti.. RIP champ..
                    Ill support the movie because i love ward, and walberg..

Comment

Working...
                    X