No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: I Will Retire Don King With Cloud Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    Lol robbed. Don't believe everything BHop comes out with. Of course he's gonna say he was robbed. On the basis of a flash knock down and a lot of clinching? I don't think so. Should have been a UD for Calzaghe.
    ppl have their OWN eyes...if ppl saw B.Hop win the fight you or nobody else is gonna change it...why do you think Calzaghe won?...I hope you're gonna say that you WATCHED the fight with your eyes and not your ears

french fries with mayo looks disgusting but I know many ppl who think it looks yummy...everybody don't see things the same my dude...welcome to the real world!!

Comment

B-Hop should walk away with the W. Probably 8 rounds to 4

Comment

Lol @ bringing Calzaghe into this.

Winning a dodgy SD by simply throwing more punches/slaps against someone who landed clean/flush all night is not "Dominating".

As much as i like Hopkins, he looked his age against Dawson second bout. He was picking Dawson off but couldn't follow through with another counter on the inside like he did against Pavlik and Pascal.

Yes, he has proved the doubters wrong, but 48 is 48.. come on now...

Comment

Lol robbed. Don't believe everything BHop comes out with. Of course he's gonna say he was robbed. On the basis of a flash knock down and a lot of clinching? I don't think so. Should have been a UD for Calzaghe.
          on the basis of landing almost all the clean hard punches while making calzaghe miss basically all the crap he threw. aka boxing. what's your basis that calzaghe won? he threw a lot? not a scoring criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
            what if cloud dominate him like calzaghe did?
            Thanks bro I needed a good laugh...., Calslappy is comedy gold.

Comment

yeah daggum never saw the fight he was just going by Hopkins word genius. So you weren't impressed with a first round knockdown but sissy slaps that hit air really do it for you on a score card huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                King is already pretty much a non factor these days
                it's been a while since King was really the man in boxing
                don't care about that really, but want Cloud punished for robbing Campillo
                and Hopkins looked horrible in the Dawson fight
                he's finally letting his age show, and he needs 1 more win to retire on
                the Cleverly fight sounded good, but this one is even better
                Actually I thought he looked relatively great considering how many genetic disadvantages he had going into the fight. I mean Dawson was half his age, bigger, taller, faster, younger, stronger, and not coming off an injury. How much more could Dawson possibly have in his favor in a fight? And he still got beat up more then Hopkins did.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
                  does anybody remember this middleweight tournament back then?

who else was involved in the previous bouts
                  Oh no man that was so long ago I don't think they had invented cameras yet. It was all the way back in the 19 hundreds

Comment

and just like that, im now a fan
                    WAR BHOP!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      on the basis of landing almost all the clean hard punches while making calzaghe miss basically all the crap he threw. aka boxing. what's your basis that calzaghe won? he threw a lot? not a scoring criteria.
                      Wow - ok more bhop lovers on here than I thought. He landed shyte on joe. Joe was busier & landed more. Had a higher % in every category throughout the fight. So give me a break with all that. There were rounds where bhop didn't even land a single jab/power shot. Check out the compubox stats and say bhop landed more:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...s-joe-calzaghe

Say something else. Just because you like bhop and he's a legend does t mean he won. But because he was arguing with the decision people buy into it. Everyone knew Joe had won.

Comment

Working...
                      X