No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
    At this point after seeing what happened with Cotto and Trout, and how competitive Cotto was was Floyd, I'm convinced its a new generation in boxing and Mayweather would lose to both Guerrero by decision and would get stopped and pummeled by Alvarez. Time are changing folks.
    I think he could still beat Guerrero, but Canelo is questionable. I agree Floyd is not the same fighter he was and people won't believe that until after his next fight. The Cotto fight should have been enough to convince people times have changed.

Comment

Fraud Poopweather wont fight Canelo, wont fight Trout and we all know he been ducking the Ghost for like two years now. Expect him to fight another soft touch...I see him fighting Paulie or even Hatton over seas.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        Neither deserve it, but Canelo presents a bigger challenge and more money. Dont get me wrong, I like RG, but he needs to do a lot more at welterweight before getting that fight, a fight in which he will be outskilled, outgunned and most probably embarrased. Although carefully matched up until now, I think Canelo can give an ageing and inactive Floyd a lot more problems than RG.
        I think so too. The only thing RG is better for vs Canelo, is a better 24/7 show. Robbert will make it a classic 24/7 if it ever happens.

Comment

Wouldnt be surprised to see him give Berto a shot coming off a loss or even rematching Ortiz.

Comment

Money May not fighting in May is kind of unbelievable...he knows there is the big money and for him its all about the money thats why the last of his last 6 fights were in that week...maybe they making things up so they can say "yeah we wanted Mayweather for May but we thought he will fight in february so thats why we took Cotto"...that would mean they are ducking 2 fighters at the same tim.nah okay lets be honest they are ducking the whole 154lbs division...

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

green k!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                I think he could still beat Guerrero, but Canelo is questionable. I agree Floyd is not the same fighter he was and people won't believe that until after his next fight. The Cotto fight should have been enough to convince people times have changed.
                You touch on a really good point here, and one that almost alway gets lost in the haze of masturbatory fanboyism that blights this forum. The sand runs out of the hourglass eventually, it happens to every fighter. Look at the big three - Manny, Floyd and Sergio. All of them have been showing signs of slowing down in the last year or so and that actually accelerates the more time passes.

Sometimes I think fans of particular fighters on here think boxing is the same as playing trump cards, where fighters attributes stay exactly the same throughout their careers. Its a pretty pure form of stupidity.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that all three could lose in their very next fight.
                Last edited by junior gong; 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

If Floyd is fighting in February he's likely going to Fight a guy like Guerrero or another tune up type fight, then a blockbuster later on like Pacquiao or Canelo. He'll make $20 m fighting Guerrero and $40-60m fighting Pac or Canelo later on.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    The only reason Canelo beats Floyd now is because Floyd is going on 36 and Canelo would outweigh him by at least 20 pounds in the ring... Floyd has never looked great at 154, not against De La Hoya nor Cotto. Floyd is most likely done fighting at 154, he knows that the weight is too much for him to overcome time after time and will eventually be his downfall, now he is looking to move back down to 147 and no, RG is not good enough to beat him..

Comment

• No way money fights in FEB.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X