Who Was Ahead Before the KO: Froch vs Groves II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch up 2 points.

Comment

On a sub note, it pisses me off when a ref stops the fight before giving a count of any kind. If you noticed, the second Groves realized the ref was waving his arms he imediately jumped up to his feet and could have continued. Yes, he went down hard and didn't move much once he came to rest with his leg bent back but there is a ten count for a reason. Who knows, the kid may have been able to get himself together and recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Froch up 2 points.
        Froch clearly outsmarted Groves, but he didn't do anything for the first 4 or 5 rounds mate. How could anyone possibly have him up that high?!?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Froch up 2 points.
          If you gave Froch 4 rounds, he would have been up by 1 round.

If you gave Froch 5 rounds, (no possible way) he would have been up by 3 rounds.

Which was it? Or did you score a round even? Or were you just writing just for the sake of responding to the idea that Froch was winning the fight?

Comment

I gave up scoring it live, and after rewatching it I had Froch up by a round. I think too many people were watching just George Groves.

Most boxing people sitting ringside also had Froch ahead.

Comment

I think I had it 4-3 Groves but it was very tight with the momentum in Froch's favor.

Comment

it all key how you score the two cages first and second round. I scored them to froch just because of ring generalship but i would have no problem with them going to groves.

Groves clearly got round 3 and 4, and froch clearly got rounds 5 and 6.

I score body shots very highly so i had froch winning 7 and 8 before the ko.

But again, if you prefer clean head shots then groves very much could be winning by 2 or 3.

I think this match shows how you that the word robbery is over used.

Comment

the way I scored it while watching
                  Round 1: 10-10 even
                  Round 2: Groves
                  Round 3: Groves
                  Round 4: Froch
                  Round 5: Froch
                  Round 6: Froch
                  Round 7: Froch
                  Round 8: KO.
                  I had Froch ahead by two. But even Froch conceded in the post-fight presser that he gave away the seventh round because of that monster left hand he got tagged with in the opening seconds so I'm inclined to say the fight was dead even prior to the knockout

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    On a sub note, it pisses me off when a ref stops the fight before giving a count of any kind. If you noticed, the second Groves realized the ref was waving his arms he imediately jumped up to his feet and could have continued. Yes, he went down hard and didn't move much once he came to rest with his leg bent back but there is a ten count for a reason. Who knows, the kid may have been able to get himself together and recovered.
                    He was literally KOed for 2-3 seconds, then woke up, then jumped up.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      it all key how you score the two cages first and second round. I scored them to froch just because of ring generalship but i would have no problem with them going to groves.

Groves clearly got round 3 and 4, and froch clearly got rounds 5 and 6.

I score body shots very highly so i had froch winning 7 and 8 before the ko.

But again, if you prefer clean head shots then groves very much could be winning by 2 or 3.

I think this match shows how you that the word robbery is over used.
                      The KO was in Rd 8 Mr. Froch fan, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X