Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Porter/Pacquiao are the only fights worth a damn for September 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Yeah I agree he should have struck while the iron was hot.

I still wouldn't mind the fight for September anyway Danny's the Champion at 140 and is already outgrowing 140.

Won't happen though I doubt so realistically I have no clue who is going to the September opponent because it won't be Porter, it won't be Pacquaio and I don't think it will be Khan either.
    mayweather/cotto 2?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      mayweather/cotto 2?
      Ah yes that's a good shout.

If Cotto wins that is, which I find extremely doubtful.

But IF Cotto wins then yeah that's a lock for September. Who knows maybe Martinez could happen in September if he wins. Doubt it but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Ah yes that's a good shout.

If Cotto wins that is, which I find extremely doubtful.

But IF Cotto wins then yeah that's a lock for September. Who knows maybe Martinez could happen in September if he wins. Doubt it but who knows.
        Sergio still has one fight left on his HBO deal after Cotto I think.

Comment

Who wins Brook-Porter?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Sergio still has one fight left on his HBO deal after Cotto I think.
            Yea he does, I'm pretty sure hbo wants sergio to win so they can setup sergio vs ggg.

Comment

I bet Mayweather was cheering for a Malignaggi win last night, the only guy other than Pacquiao with somewhat of a name and could bring money to the table and not that dangerous of an opponent. Who else is there to fight other than Porter or Pacquiao? I can't think of any. You know he's going to be cheering for Cotto June 7th and look for that rematch at MW if he wins.

Comment

the biggest fight out there to be made is still PBF-PAC, I am hoping that floyd saw something good at PAC-Bradley 2 and finally agree to fight Manny...

Comment

Good thread, good choices, who else is out there, shawn and pac are worthy more of a fight RIGHT NOW than Garcia or Khan or Canelo

Comment

I agree, Pac and Porter, and Sergio for the Middleweight belts at a catchweight of 155-157 or so are the only fights that make sense in September. Khan next year maybe, but he needs to beat a Porter or Thurman or someone more credible to earn that fight.

Porter is the greatest threat to Floyd's 0 at this point, imo. I said it last night; he looked like a welterweight Mike Tyson last night. Would be very interesting watching how an older Floyd would handle that kind of power and pressure.

Comment

Judging by past matchups its none of those guys named in the OP.
                      Golden Boy always puts a Mexican or Mexican American on the main event on Mexican independence day weekend.
                      Floyd/JMM, Floyd/Ortiz, Canelo/Floyd, Canelo/Lopez.
                      Cinco De Mayo is different as its just a big boxing weekend so they don't need a mexican at the top of the card as we have seen with fights like Hatton/Pac and Floyd/Mosley.
                      Now they could always break this mold and have Floyd fight Porter or someone else and have a strong Mexican undercard, but usually its always important to have a strong Mexican card on independence day in September.
                      We will see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X