Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing Dead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably get red K for saying this but oh well here it goes.

No. The sooner Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather JR retire the better for the sake of boxing. You may slate me for just saying that but this is the truth. I'll be ****ing glad when we dont have to hear anymore bull**** from these two.. They are making a mockery of boxing and fans. **** it, i just said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post

No. The sooner Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather JR retire the better for the sake of boxing. You may slate me for just saying that but this is the truth. I'll be ****ing glad when we dont have to hear anymore bull**** from these two.. They are making a mockery of boxing and fans. **** it, i just said it.
      That's a fair statement. When you reach elite status, people just want more and more from you.

Prophet Muhammad pbuh said "If man was given a mountain of gold, he would only want another one"

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        You guys are such women. One fight didn't get made. And it still probably will at some point in the future anyway.
        Thank You, There are other great fighters other than PBF and Pac; Donaire, Ward, Dirrel, and JuanMa, just to name a few, who are have and will be fighting agai this year. A real boxing fan would appreciate the whole sport instead of 2 people. Also boxing does need one governing body and it should force the best to face the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Yael The Great View Post
          Thank You, There are other great fighters other than PBF and Pac; Donaire, Ward, Dirrel, and JuanMa, just to name a few, who are have and will be fighting agai this year. A real boxing fan would appreciate the whole sport instead of 2 people. Also boxing does need one governing body and it should force the best to face the best.
          That's true to a certain extent, its just that when people open their mouths they need to back it up.

Khan for instance went from one of my favorites to one of my least favorite. He keeps opening his mouth about fighting the best, and how he's got more money than everyone else, but then avoids the LWW division and chases lightweights.

I'm kinda pissed at my boy Haye too, but I think he needs atleast another 2 fights before fighting a Klit and weight around 215 to retain his speed.

Comment

It's pretty much on life support right now, I hate to say but for the past few months I have become more and more disconnected from the sport, nothing really excites me anymore and now with this whole Pac-May fiasco it's downright sickening. It's like no fights can ever get made anymore, money and corruption has always ran rampant in the sport but it's all just a joke now. So we probably won't get Pac-May instead we get a moronic Margarito-Pac a boxer who is not even licensed to fight in the US or Pac-Cotto II which is even more of a joke since Pac beat the living **** out of Cotto already and will a second time again. Yup Boxing is pretty much dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post

pac gives fans what they want, its mayweather

Comment

But game pbf outsells and outdraws manny so it seems floyd gives people what they want while manny gives you what you want and you like him for it.

Comment

Are you dead?

Comment

I voted 'no', but that's only a temporary answer. Boxing certainly is not doing itself any favors when the biggest fight of the decade can't be made because of egos, politics, blah blah. It's just disgusting.

Mayweather vs. Pacman is the ONLY fight casual fans are interested in seeing. It's the only one where I can tell my friends, "hey you guys HAVE to see this fight. It's going to be huge." And it's the only fight that can't seem to get made.

Boxing has it's other problems as well. Too many promotions/belts, sactioning fees, people getting stripted of their titles for no reason, cheating, corruption, ect. You name it. Before the UFC, fans just had to put up with it. But not any more. People are flocking to MMA because it lacks a lot of these issues and seems to be a more pure form of fighting.

I love boxing and I want it to stick around. But reading stuff like this just makes me frustrated and seems to hammer one more nail into the coffin. I don't think boxing will ever go away completely, but it's relevance is waining quickly.

Comment

Oh yeah, and you can add that punk ***** David Haye to the mess of things wrong with boxing. F' that dude for calling out the Klit's then running. Coward!

Comment

Working...
                      X