No announcement yet.

as any other fighter looked as good or as competitive aged 35 as Joe Cal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as any other fighter looked as good or as competitive aged 35 as Joe Cal

is there any other fighter who has looked as good at 35 as joe? I know BHop is still at the top aged 40 odd but he had been beaten before and was not beating young undefeated fighters?

That should have said has in the title btw, dodgy keyboard doh
    Last edited by reptar; 08-21-2008, 06:33 PM.

i think hopkins unified at 36.

Comment

Hopkins looked better at 36 then Calzaghe at 35. Trinidad was undefeated at 40-0 when hops beat him at that age.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 08-21-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Hopkins, Foreman, Archie Moore, Sonny Liston to name a few

Comment

the foreman that fought holyfield was the best example of what you're talking about ever existed.

Comment

I think hes looking for everyone to say "Joe Calzaghe looks better than Roy Jones Jr at the age of 35"

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              I think hes looking for everyone to say "Joe Calzaghe looks better than Roy Jones Jr at the age of 35"
              he's not going to get that. people age differently. plus calz never went up to heavyweight, won a belt, then dropped back down.

Comment

Mike McCallum fought to a draw with an undefeated James Toney at around 35.
                Toney himself was beating the undefeated Vassily Jirov at around 35 at Cruiserweight
                Hopkins was around his prime at 35, I think he was that old or older when he schooled Trinidad.

those are some other Middleweights, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Roy also was superman at 35, depends on the month
                  Calzaghe looked bad against Hopkins at 36 ( well, a lot of guys look bad against Hopkins)

Comment

We will see how good Joe C looks when he is done with Roy Jones in November.

Comment

Working...
                    X