PrizeFighter - The HW's - Feb 23rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrizeFighter - The HW's - Feb 23rd

Prizefighter - The Heavyweights III

Former Prizefighter champs Audley Harrison and Martin Rogan are two of the first names in a star-studded line-up for the Betfair Prizefighter International Heavyweights III live on Sky Sports from the York Hall in Bethnal Green on February 23.

The pair are joined by American Travis Walker and Brixton’s Ian Lewison on a huge night for British boxing, as Olympic captain Tom Stalker makes his professional debut before his new stablemate Kell Brook fights for a his first World title in America.

Prizefighter's slipping.

For a 3 rd format you need to be bringing in exciting fighters and not novices. Walker is a good addition but Lewison? Harrison & Rogan seem to have had more fights in Prizefighter than out of it...

Bringing in international competition is a good idea and maybe they should allow more slots to them, as long as they bring quality rather that than a British novice.

Comment

I hope Audrey gets drawn with Travis Walker.

Comment

I havent seen much of Tom Stalker is he good? I know he was olympic captain and all but for what ever reason i cant remember seeing his fights.

I like prizefighter for gambling purposes, normally quite easy picks if you go fight by fight, rather than picking an out and out winner from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          I havent seen much of Tom Stalker is he good? I know he was olympic captain and all but for what ever reason i cant remember seeing his fights.
          He looks to be a very fit fighter, I remember seeing a video of him doing his runs and his legs are huge. He's fresh too, only started at 18 so he's being boxing for 10 years.

I can't remember what his style is like, whether he's suited to the pros or not, but he was a good amateur and Matchroom need to move him fast.

Comment

Very underwhelming line up so far (Walker aside).

Hopefully the latter half of the line up with be more stimulating.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              He looks to be a very fit fighter, I remember seeing a video of him doing his runs and his legs are huge. He's fresh too, only started at 18 so he's being boxing for 10 years.

I can't remember what his style is like, whether he's suited to the pros or not, but he was a good amateur and Matchroom need to move him fast.
              I found a vid of him in commonwealth games 2010, he looked ok, quite crude but good speed and technique and stuff. If he started late he may have improved since then, spose we'll just wait till feb 23rd...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                I found a vid of him in commonwealth games 2010, he looked ok, quite crude but good speed and technique and stuff. If he started late he may have improved since then, spose we'll just wait till feb 23rd...
                I sincerely hope Eddie learns from the last one to bring in some big hitters.

For this format that's what the public want to see.

Albert Sosnowski is one of the most boring fighters i've seen. Terrible decision to bring him in again. For the value of the competition, I'd rather see someone like Mike Perez, or even Tye Fields. In another post I mentioned the likes of McDermott, Maddalone, Meehan, Skelton, Oquendo, McCall, Witherspoon.

Comment

Working...
                X