Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think james toney will end up doing underground bare knuckle fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is bare knuckle fighting not televised?

you mean to tell me there are more fans on espn wanting to watch cars go around in circles than two guys fist fighting?

i find that hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

you mean to tell me there are more fans on espn wanting to watch cars go around in circles than two guys fist fighting?

Totally agree... I think of bare knuckle or whatever you wanna call it, got a TV deal, it would get huge

Comment

The guy is long gone. He is losing to sub par opponents and can barley talk properly, iv even seen him dribble in interviews. Needs to hang them up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by fish262 View Post
          The guy is long gone. He is losing to sub par opponents and can barley talk properly, iv even seen him dribble in interviews. Needs to hang them up ASAP
          exactly my point, but knowing toney he probably still has the desire to fight. problem is getting sanctioned will become more difficult in the future. hence, underground bkb

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
            i recently watched a documentary on underground bare knuckle boxing. i believe that bobby gunn has been doing it for a while now and is the champ in 1 of the organizations or something.

it seems like it would attract a person like james toney who still has the spirit and will to fight, but isnt getting the attention or opportunities he feels he deserves in boxing. i personally think in a few years we will (sadly) see him end up fighting bare knuckle boxing fights in underground events.

how do you think he would do in an event like that? what about holyfield?
            who the hell is bobby gun? the rocky character or something?

Comment

I know quite a lot of bareknuckle fighters,even trained a few fighters,currently training one for a show in Febuary.The sport is growing like it or not.They're getting better shows around the UK and i believe one company from the UK are taking fighters across the pond to america,and succeeding at it.

The sportsmanship shown at these events are second to none,like one big family.

Comment

Its illegal and its mostly just done in the UK.

Theres a vice doc and a netflix doc about it. The vice one also shows a fight between the American bare knuckle champ versus the UK bare knuckle champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UZBg1pMS4

Can someone embed? Not sure how. That fight is at the end.

The American is very well trained, muscled and fit, and the Brit comes in late, drunk, and very fat and out of shape. The Brit laysout the American, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  One of the saddest things I saw was they were doing a weigh in at the sports section of a Walmart or some shit and Toney started to get into it with his opponent... then some guy said nobody is gonna get paid if they don't stop and toney shut down.... really sad

Anybody know what I'm talking about?
                  You're sure it was Toney?

I remember one of Kimbo's weigh ins was in Walmart, but Toney?

Comment

It's not televised because it's illegal. And yes, people want to see it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X