Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newsnight: Brits dont care about overseas events :lol1:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could do that in every country and the majority would display the same results. I don't know what you were trying to achieve by posting this?

Comment

England and Scotland are the same. I've seen Game of Thrones Braveheart and Harry Potter countless times.

Scotland-England are 1 in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Go to BBC Newsnight page and watch Wed's episode.
        Ok thanks, may watch. Can you surmise better though, more than just one guy saying he doesn't care.

As an overview of the UK public I'd strongly dispute such a sweeping generalisation. Brit's ratio of person and donation wise, give some of the most to Charities through taxation and personal donations.

Comment

I do care about stuff that happens in other countries. But there's nothing I could do about it for the most part so I don't react to it. I might be saddened by it , but what can you really do about. I think this is how most people feel.

I have a family to take care of and my own problems to handle. Like all people do. I don't expect people to act differently.

Some of these rich folks are really in position to make a difference and they barely do.

If I was a millionaire I would organize a drive and match every million (example) and build a school in a town , or a hospital. It doesn't take much. And this is something that deep inside I have always wanted to do but I don't even know how to go about it. Poverty is one of the things that hurts me the most.

I sponsor some kids and I'm proud of it. Wish I could do more. I'm just an average citizen fighting my own fight.

Comment

Working...
          X