Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios-Alvarado for me is what boxing entertainment is all about!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios-Alvarado for me is what boxing entertainment is all about!

These 2 warriors deserved a standing ovation in every round!

Way better than Pacquiao's or Mayweather's last 3 fights combined!

for sure that fight really lived up to the hype. Mayweather vs. Cotto was badass though but it had nothing on Rios vs. Alvarado.

Comment

Only fight this year that lived up to its hype imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
        These 2 warriors deserved a standing ovation in every round!

Way better than Pacquiao's or Mayweather's last 3 fights combined!
        There are fights like this all over the place in seedy town halls to tents , Ive seen 100s of 6 rnd wars , 2 guys banging on each other , thats the difference between a fan of the fights or a fan of boxing , to be honest give me a chess match fight between elite fighters any day of the week , any tough guy can lead with their head , I admire their courage but they dont empress me as boxers .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          There are fights like this all over the place in seedy town halls to tents , Ive seen 100s of 6 rnd wars , 2 guys banging on each other , thats the difference between a fan of the fights or a fan of boxing , to be honest give me a chess match fight between elite fighters any day of the week , any tough guy can lead with their head , I admire their courage but they dont empress me as boxers .
          I knew this was going to be the post I would read when I saw your name.

I'm sure plenty of morons will say there was no skill involved, and then say anyone who disagrees doesn't know sh** about boxing. As if inside fighting is easy and requires no skill.

Comment

Yet chessmatch technical bouts have never been voted for FOTY. Toe to toe brawls are. You may appreciate minimal action but the average boxing fan wants to see an actual FIGHT. Not 2 guys trying to fake eachother out while potshotting and jabbing for 12rounds. This is why I love to watch JMM. He's technical yet isnt afraid to let his hands go and throw combos.

Comment

How can you call yourself a boxing fan if you can't appreciate this kind of fight? lol!

No you don't see 2 undefeated fighter giving it all out in the ring "all over the place" with no "self-preservation" in mind, otherwise boxing will be the most popular sport today. They're not just club fighters part time taxi drivers.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I knew this was going to be the post I would read when I saw your name.

I'm sure plenty of morons will say there was no skill involved, and then say anyone who disagrees doesn't know sh** about boxing. As if inside fighting is easy and requires no skill.
              Exactly! LOL,by the way he just posted because I mentioned Pacquaio and Mayweather's name.

Comment

lol the so called dumb fighters, are making good amount of money for this fights n are winning a spot on there legacy with fights like this, n will be remember for being warriors

i understand what he is saying n im also a big fan of the chess matches n i do enjoy some more then these brawls, but unlike he said his a boxing fan i dont understand how he cant see the inside game, ive never seen floyd go inside n run over his opponent like Rios did last night

Comment

This is the argument I hate the most in boxing. How can you call yourself a boxing fan and not appreciate a great chess match? The fact is boxing is different styles. Last nights fight was awesome but I could watch a high skilled chess match with the same enthusiasm.

You guys say that these types of fights always win FOTY and that 90% of boxing fans like this more but thats the problem. Why would you wanna think as mainstream fans do? Anyone can appreciate a brawl? It takes no knowledge of the sport to watch that but you have to know boxing and love it inside out to see all the finer entrancies that a chess match brings.

Boxing is an art just as much as a brutal sport. Dont tell me that a guy is a boring coward just because he chooses to not willingly get hit or because he's a complete fighter. Dont get me wrong, there are boring chess matches. There is no doubt about that. There are also some boring brawls where you can see that there is no skill involved.

Last nights fight was skillful brawling. Maybe not at the highest skill level but they were both beast. Still, the point is that if you are a boxing fan then you should be able to appreciate both. Maybe you arent at the level where you can appreciate them equally but you should still appreciate both.

The fact still remains that its easier to master being a face 1st brawler than it is to master being a pure boxer. There is something to say for a smaller, weaker man winning a fight or outclassing a guy because he has mastered the art. Thats what makes the sport great.

All different styles. I love them all but I tend to take up for pure boxers more because pretty much everyone ****s on them. I can understand a mainstream fan doing that but a boxing fan should be able to appreciate the art in it

Comment

floyd fans disagree.... and we know why

Comment

Working...
                    X