Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit does Lewis get for his win over Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much credit does Lewis get for his win over Tyson?

Yeah i know, it's not a very original question and im sure it's been asked many times before but i haven't seen the threads myself.

Also this is not a who's the greater Heavyweight question or who would win when both were in their primes.

This thread is simply, how much credit does Lennox Lewis get for his knockout victory against 'Iron' Mike Tyson in your opinion?
    Tyson was finished so just a win
    75.51%
    Good win
    18.37%
    Great win
    6.12%

Just a formality. Not a good or great win. Mike was his heavybag

But Tyson proved his chin was nothing short of great to take such a one sided beating so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Just a formality. Not a good or great win. Mike was his heavybag

But Tyson proved his chin was nothing short of great to take such a one sided beating so long.
      there was a couple big rights early in the 4th i believe that pretty much ended the fight. tyson barely threw a punch after that. he showed an amazing chin. it was a good win over a fading tyson not a great one. tyson could still beat most heavyweights at that point but was not in peak form.

Comment

Tyson was done by then, good name to have on a resume but not a great win.

Comment

I was a good win, Tyson was still somewhat dangerous but well past his best.

While I'm in the Tyson was never that great boat I think had Lennox done a similar job on Tyson earlier on before Holyfield beat him it would made a massive difference to his legacy, as so many people rated Tyson, even post prison for a while.

Comment

I was excited when I heard about it, and then realised it was at least 5 years too late.

Comment

Good name on a resume but he was long done. He got ko'dy Danny Williams and that Irish guy a year later for crying out loud.

Comment

Just another notch in Lewis win column Tyson was done and they both just did it for the money especially Tyson.

Comment

Irrelevant.

good name, nothing win.

Comment

He gets too much credit for beating a finished Mike Tyson

Granted Lewis was at the end of his career too but Mike had been mentally out of the sport for quite some time ... and it still took Lewis 8 rounds to get the job done

Comment

Working...
                    X