Comments Thread For: Photos: Marcos Maidana Trains Hard With Robert Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    as in provodnikov?

i'm not sure that HBO would be huge on it, but it sure as hell beats berto - hernandez.
    Yep. Two over hyped bangers. Would be very fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
      bum ass trainer
      Yep. He ruined Margarito too.

Its all down hill for Maidana now.

Comment

I'd like to see Maidana against fellow countryman Lucas Matthysse. They did fight in the amateurs which Maidana won.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Agreed. Very overrated. How you let your fighter keep killing himself at 135 knowing he can't make the weight?
          Obviously you dont know what your talking about. there was tremendous pressure (from managers and promoter)on rios's team to fight 1 more fight at 135lb. so that way he wins the 135 wbc title and moves up to 140lb as a champion. His trainer already knew he was most likely not going to make weight. They brought in a nutritionist to help but that didnt work. Quite simply his trainer Robert garcia was strong armed and he did not want to try 135 again because of the failed attempt before that.

Comment

CHINO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGunslinger View Post
              I'd like to see Maidana against fellow countryman Lucas Matthysse. They did fight in the amateurs which Maidana won.
              I think they fought more than once actually. Garcia is overrated. But I won't say too much until he actually fights with Garcia in his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                bum ass trainer
                I can understand why alot of people, including myself, think this. It may be, though, that he's being spread too thin (just like Freddie Roach). Too many fighters in your roster and not enough time to spend with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Agreed. Very overrated. How you let your fighter keep killing himself at 135 knowing he can't make the weight?
                  I remember Garcia said it wasn't his choice and didn't want him fighting at that weight class anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X