Chat about the fantasy team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
    says who?

last time i checked UCF stand out Kevin Smith was starting. go ahead call him a bust to play up Javhid. id bet real dollars they stick with Smith or run them tandem.

starting my ass

CJ Spiller starting?

pfffffffffffffffffffffffft

you get that from yahoo fantasy? Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson are much better backs.

If Dixon was on EITHER team he would be starting and would be a workhorse to build around.

CJ and Jahvid are one trick ponies

your out of your gourd if you dont see that Dixon in a pure example of a every down back.

Pretty sure both ya boys ran tandem RB rotations all through college

Dixon is proven and played in a mans league and took 90% of the snaps for 4 years

never had an injury
    ???

I live in Michigan and have watched BOTH pre-season games. Jahvid Best is the starting running back and its not even close. The head coach said that a while ago. He plays basically every snap with the starters. Why would they stick with Smith? Hes no where NEAR as good as Best thats been obvious so far.

Call him a bust to play up Jahvid? Um he is BUST. Why do you think the Lions TRADED up into the first round to take a running back?

Yahoo Fantasy? Marshawn and Jackson are both injured. CJ Spiller is the starter and has been impressive to say the least. Did you watch Best in college at all or the pre season? He played EVERY DOWN. Including Goal line.

How would Dion be starting on either team? Spiller and CJ Spiller were first round draft picks. Dixon was a sixth rounder. Those teams didnt want Dixon. Best has dominated STARTERS. Dixon dominated 3rd and 4th stringers. I get you like the dude bro but slow down just a little. Why do you think Brian Westbrook was brought in?

Dixon is a third string running back and until Gore or Westbrook get hurt it will stay that way.

Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 08-23-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• I love guys arguing about rookies who rarely have any fantasy value.

Even Harvin, the best rookie wideout last year only had 925 yards total offense...

spiller is in a HORRIBLE offense and will take a lot of hits (so will best).

of course those guys are talented and damn good football players, but have they taken nfl hits and wear and tear for a full season? no.... are those two built to do so? we don't know.

Comment

• Brady talking about the Jets being on Hard Knocks "I hate the Jets, I refuse to support that show"

Rex will reply with something that requires him to say Fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raider Monkz View Post
          Brady talking about the Jets being on Hard Knocks "I hate the Jets, I refuse to support that show"

LOL! Dude has to say it 2x per sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            I love guys arguing about rookies who rarely have any fantasy value.

Even Harvin, the best rookie wideout last year only had 925 yards total offense...

spiller is in a HORRIBLE offense and will take a lot of hits (so will best).

of course those guys are talented and damn good football players, but have they taken nfl hits and wear and tear for a full season? no.... are those two built to do so? we don't know.
            Facts are though is that its not uncommon for rookies to be huge in FF.

Slaton, Johnson, Colston, Peterson, Forte and Boldin come to mind off the top.
            Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 08-23-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raider Monkz View Post
              Brady talking about the Jets being on Hard Knocks "I hate the Jets, I refuse to support that show"

I love Rex Ryan.

Comment

• Decided to do the money league with my old football homies after all. 1-QB, 2- RB, 2-WR, 1-flex, 1-TE, 2-CB, 2-DT, 2-DE, 3-LB, 8-Bench.

I got Pick 9. Hopefully a top back slips if not I might take Rodgers. QB's have all types of yard bonuses in this format and its 6 per td.

Im not touching any Defensive players until My offense starters and bench is filled with Offensive players.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Facts are though is that its not uncommon for rookies to be huge in FF.

Slaton, Johnson, Colston, Peterson, Forte and Boldin come to mind off the top.
                  one per year per position maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Decided to do the money league with my old football homies after all. 1-QB, 2- RB, 2-WR, 1-flex, 1-TE, 2-CB, 2-DT, 2-DE, 3-LB, 8-Bench.

I got Pick 9. Hopefully a top back slips if not I might take Rodgers. QB's have all types of yard bonuses in this format and its 6 per td.

Im not touching any Defensive players until My offense starters and bench is filled with Offensive players.
                    I don't like playing with that many defensive guys. how many teams is it?

I have a draft wed night for one of my leagues, it looks like I'm 4th out of 12. Will be my only draft with a chance to get a big 4 rb. I like 4 this year and I"m taking rice or mjd, whoever's there. Then I get a better QB or wr on the way back. This is a ppr league with all kindsa bonuses for plays over 50, for getting over the 100 yard mark for wr's and rb's and over 300 for qb's. just a defensive team though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      I don't like playing with that many defensive guys. how many teams is it?

I have a draft wed night for one of my leagues, it looks like I'm 4th out of 12. Will be my only draft with a chance to get a big 4 rb. I like 4 this year and I"m taking rice or mjd, whoever's there. Then I get a better QB or wr on the way back. This is a ppr league with all kindsa bonuses for plays over 50, for getting over the 100 yard mark for wr's and rb's and over 300 for qb's. just a defensive team though.
                      My draft is in like 5 minutes. I think the defensive players make it a little more challenging. Just a little more to think about.

PPR get Wes Welker and Tim Hightower somewhere in your draft.

Comment

Working...
                      X