Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the perfect September 2016 HBO PPV card for us fans...yes or no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the perfect September 2016 HBO PPV card for us fans...yes or no?

Main Event
    -Canelo vs Golovkin
    Co-Feature
    -Chocolatito vs Gallo Estrada
    Undercard
    -Luis Ortiz vs Andy Ruiz
    -JoJo Diaz vs Kiko Martinez

I would love this ppv card....imo this card does 1 million PPV sales...

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
    Main Event
    -Canelo vs Golovkin
    Co-Feature
    Undercard
    -Luis Ortiz vs Andy Ruiz

I'd pay double for those two fights alone.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
      Main Event
      -Canelo vs Golovkin
      Co-Feature
      Undercard
      -Luis Ortiz vs Andy Ruiz

Fantastic PPV card indeed!
      This card would and SHOULD do way more than 1 million PPV sales, after all it does have two of the biggest Mexican names on it.

If we could maybe find a better opponent for Luis Ortiz and maybe toss in a Rocky Martinez Vs Orlando Salido fight that would make me cry with joy.

Comment

Welcome back, Tejano.

I have to disagree with you, man.

I'd rather see:

Canelo vs. Margarito. Fight of the millennium right there.

Floyd, Oscar, and Cotto ducked Margs. So I'd like to see Margarito vs. Canelo instead.

Triple Flop has no fans, does less than 100k PPV Buys, and only wants to fight small fighters. Let triple flop fight Ward first, then we'll see if he is good enough to fight The Taino GOD -- Canelo.

I got Margarito beating Canelo, tho. MAKE IT HAPPEN, GBP!

Comment

Canelo will want a big pay day, understandably since his name will carry the card. Without Canelo the PPV does jack****, another 97-150k. So Canelo will want his fair share, which would be a lot. Golovkin will not fight for free either.

Gonzalez wants an absurd $2 million for Estrada.

The PPV is not getting to 1 million buys, Canelo-Cotto could have done that by itself, but it couldn't quite get there.

It's a nice card but it's unrealistic and too much hassle to put it together. Canelo-Golovkin by itself is already enough. That fight does something like 500-600k and I don't know how you think these little irrelevant guys(in popularity and drawing power) will help the card sell another 500k buys, that's just crazy talk, sorry.

Comment

Damn good card

Comment

Great card, but not enough money to go around

Comment

Canelo isn't the boxing mega superstar everybody paints him to be. Truth is he needs a big name opponent who is a threat to beat him.

Canelo-Mayweather 1 million+ PPV buys.
                Canelo-Angulo 300k PPV buys
                Canelo-Lara 300k PPV buys
                Canelo-Cotto 800k PPV buys
                Canelo-Khan 400k PPV buys

Canelo needs GGG to get over that 750k PPV buy without a real opponent he doesn't sell **** considering the fact he's the face of Mexican boxing.

Canelo-GGG PPV happens and sells 800k+ PPV buys and we will get the same old excuse "Canelo is a PPV star look how many PPV he sold" no man he needed GGG to get those numbers.

Comment

When was the last time any casual (casuals are the ones who push the PPV's over a million) bought a fight for an undercard? People are eating, drinking, dancing, playing cards, doing all types of stuff before the main event comes on. I remember at my cousin's fight party it was about 50 people there and me and 5 other dudes were the only ones watching Garcia-Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    When was the last time any casual (casuals are the ones who push the PPV's over a million) bought a fight for an undercard? People are eating, drinking, dancing, playing cards, doing all types of stuff before the main event comes on. I remember at my cousin's fight party it was about 50 people there and me and 5 other dudes were the only ones watching Garcia-Matthysse.
                    True story happens all the time. Everybody is trying to eat from the BBQ, get ripped by the smoke and tanked on drinks before the main event starts. Sucks for us hardcore boxing fans because we want to see solid fights on PPV but hopefully in the future they do tons of promos for the co-main event and main event so at least it brings more interest to casual fans. Also $70 for one fight stinks

Comment

Working...
                    X