Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo what you considered a "slick" boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For his size yea he's slick, slow feet but that's not all that makes you slick. Underrated

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      You just read a statement where I said Federer can't beat Nadal with skill, and present that as evidence that I wasn't trolling? Where as Federer is the player who probably throughout the whole history of tennis embodies that player that wins based on his skill and not his physicality, where as Nadal, chases down every ball and wears you down.

The argument was about who was greater all time. I still think peak for peak Nadal's freakish ability to chase down everything beats Federer's grace. But when it became clear that you would fall for bait, I started feeding you more and more progressively ******ed bull****, to see when you would realize you were being taken for a ride... you never did... and apparently still don't.

The argument is in boxing parlance a roberto duran vs ray leonard argument.

And I went as far as basically say that Duran is the more polished flashy stylish technician, and Leonard is nothing but a brawler, and you still didn't catch on... And you still haven't, or refuse to admit you were that dense. I'm not sure which is worse.

For what its worth, I apologize for the public humiliation that has brought upon you several time. I was just having fun with you in the moment. I never meant for it to follow you around like this.
      You're trying way too hard to explain an alleged troll job
      Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 12-03-2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't define him as a slick, not because he is ginger but because he doesn't move hs feet so much

Besides black fighters for example malignaggi is what you can consider a slick fighter, good or bad. Someone who is always managing the distance, move his feet etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          You're trying way too hard to explain an alleged troll job
          Ah, you got me, you are trolling me now for revenge. You aren't that dense after all. Fair play.

Comment

Lara is very slick, fighters like Lara are deceptive. He moves just enough for a punch to brush his skin at times, and will let you get inside at time and throw punches, but you don't see that none of them are landing, and he is delivering short crisp counters inbetween, then you throw in the legs, and movement, and counterpunching.

That is slickness. Just like Rigondeaux can crack you with a hook while turning with you.

You are slick when you can evade a combination, slip in counter punches, and get out.

Its not slick when you can just use good defense to avoid a combination but then have to get out to reset to start your own offense.

This is slick.
            I've seen every fight Lara has ever had and he never does anything you just says...His defense is his legs or covering up quite pathetically....James Toney...Yes the slickest fighter of all time...What does he have to do with Lara? Rigo is Slick ...Lara is not...>Blind bias as usual....pathetic.

And not only that but you desribed exactly what Canelo was doing...

Lara is a smooth fighter....not slick

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
              I wouldn't define him as a slick, not because he is ginger but because he doesn't move hs feet so much

Besides black fighters for example malignaggi is what you can consider a slick fighter, good or bad. Someone who is always managing the distance, move his feet etc
              No!! NO!! Wow...besides black fighters? Really> Wow Paulie slick?

Why do you morons watch this sport?

Comment

I still remember you being gullible enough to argue about that for many many pages, and me getting great enjoyment out of it, and you still being too embarrassed to admit how easily you were trolled.

Seriously... Nadal the guy that chases down every ball and Federer, the one who floats effortlessly like a butterfly and is always in position... and you didn't realize that you were being trolled when I made a point to just say that opposite of anything you said?

That started off as a fairly meaningless trolling, but it is now a moment I take great pride in, since it has bruised your ego so badly.

Back to the point though.

Im not moving the goal posts. Slick is about being able to "swim without getting wet" as Nazim Richardson put it.

Which means getting in your counters while slipping incoming fire.

Here is a prime example.

Being elusive is about not getting hit in general. Id say Canelo is elusive. When he is being defensive, he has developed quite nicely in terms of rolling his shoulders and hips and catching and slipping, and even occasionally stepping back around.

Rarely does any offense come of that though, unless its a one shot catch and counter type move that was practiced in the gym.

He doesn't posses any improvisational quality to him, which is what is required to be able to return fire WHILE being elusive, which in turn makes you slick.
                Can I just say what you are gloating about is a lowly form of entertainment only exercised by fake intellectuals who must feed their desire to "trick" people...He was trying to argue logic and you were too afraid so you starting telling "jokes" That's really really pathetic..

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  No!! NO!! Wow...besides black fighters? Really> Wow Paulie slick?

Why do you morons watch this sport?
                  Calm down kid. I don't only watch the sport, but have been in the ring for 7 years myself, so don't think you can come and teach me anything.

I'm not fan of anybody, I don't have to support anybody, I just love the sport and say anything I want without prejudice.

Comment

Working...
                  X