No announcement yet.

Steve Farhood's score cards a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Anyone remember when Eli Seckbach had a scorecard on HBO? Had Brandon Rios winning every round despite clearly losing. That was the worst ever.
    The Pacquiao fight?

Comment

Anyone remember when Eli Seckbach had a scorecard on HBO? Had Brandon Rios winning every round despite clearly losing. That was the worst ever.
      Yeah I vaguely remember that. Was it the Abril fight?

It's probably quite difficult to have your scorecards on live TV all the time and never look ridiculous.

Comment

Yes, I remember that. I think Rick Reeno was scoring the fight as well

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Yeah I vaguely remember that. Was it the Abril fight?

It's probably quite difficult to have your scorecards on live TV all the time and never look ridiculous.
          Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Yes, I remember that. I think Rick Reeno was scoring the fight as well
          I can't remember if it was the Abril fight or if it was Alvarado. You remember BG?

Comment

i think hes usually spot on, not last night tho

Comment

didnt know about that

Comment

Depends on the fighters usually.

Porter-Brook was a clear example; he had Brook with a solid lead and then began scoring clear Brook rounds (the clearest rounds of the whole fight) for Porter to make it look closer and make a potential robbery seem less blatant.

He did the same last night for Dirrell.

Comment

I can't remember if it was the Abril fight or if it was Alvarado. You remember BG?
                  It was the Rios-Acosta fight:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1564222

Press row scores: Steve Kim: 85-84 for Rios, Rick Reeno: 85-84 for Acosta, Elie Seckbach: 88-82 for Rios

Seckbach was seeing a much different fight than anyone else

Comment

I think Farhood is usually pretty good - i feel comfortable with his scores because I know he watches a lot of small fights than most don't give a crap about and is usually spot on. IF he's off a little in a notable fight it's whatever, just a scorecard that I don't agree with. Same thing with people here - I might disagree with some people hre but at least I know most of you are watching fights, know how to score, etc. etc I'm fine with it

Comment

It's not like Lederman's are much better, or Weisfeld's who's even worse. I'm sure most of the time they just listen to the commentators and try to follow the trend.

Comment

Working...
                      X