No announcement yet.

Glazkov now has 3 gift decisions...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norm Peterson View Post
    They both stunk the joint out and both performed poorly in two halves. Don't feel too sorry for Cunningham.
    Looks like someone cant appreciate boxing & was listening to harold too much

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      At this rate he'll catch Jessie Vargas.

I don't see what the judges see when they watch his fights. He seems to get out worked for the first half of every fight, then he starts turning it on towards the end and somehow ends up winning wide on the cards.

I feel bad for Cunningham. His first appearance on HBO and this happens.
      Cunningham will have a hard time getting back on HBO after that pitiful performance.

Terribly boring. Why didn't he fight more aggressively?

I thought the fight was a draw, and Cunningham probably nicked it - but both looked like ****e, and have no issue whatsoever with Glazkov winning.

HBO was hoping the Cunningham who fought last time out on NBC, coming out swinging, would show up tonightj.

Comment

This fight is replaying on HBO right now.

Comment

I don't see what the judges see when they watch his fights. He seems to get out worked for the first half of every fight, then he starts turning it on towards the end and somehow ends up winning wide on the cards.

I don't feel bad for him. I think he won the fight but it was close and both guys looked terrible. Cunningham has a big heart but he clearly doesn't belong in the heavyweight division

Comment

Cunningham simply would never be able to hang with a modern super-heavyweight. He has decent skills and stamina, and is in good shape, but he is feather fisted and he lost himself this fight v Glazkov. I didn't agree with some of Lederman's scoring, and I thought the fight was very close heading into the last two rounds with Cunningham slightly ahead. I said whoever would win the last 2 rounds, would get the DECISION, not neccessarily would deservedly win the fight based on the prior rounds. I was a bit shocked at the scorecards though.

Cunningham lost himself the fight because he started coasting and was grabbing and holding Glazkov, spoiling on the inside and throwing slapping punches which had no effect. In the end, the man who landed the bigger and harder shots, and pressed the action in the last 2 rounds won the fight.

Glazkov is an enigma, really. He has decent skills and is in pretty good shape but I have never really been a fan because it really seems to take a lot for him to decide to fight and press the action and fully go all out. He has Olympic pedigree and is a good fighter when he is on a good night, but he can have some real stinkers.

Wlad destroys him at this point, but I must say I wouldn't mind seeing it simply because it might sell out the Olympic stadium in Kiev with about 70,000 fans. I wouldn't like to see that ahead of a fight with Fury or Wilder of course, but if Wlad could squeeze it in before he retires, it could be an easy fight for him and a big event.

Comment

Complete farce, Cunningham worked him over and certainly deserved the win. Glazkov and Duva have something going on because she keeps buying him victories.

Comment

the other two gifts?
                and the cunningham fight was close enough, hardly a gift BUT the scorecards were crazy, was one like 116-112 or something? lol

Comment

He's not a haymon fighter so nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                    I had it a draw.

It won't really matter because neither of these guys have a heavyweight title in their future.
                    Also had it a draw. Unlike Lederman I thought Glaz won the 9th

Comment

Working...
                    X