Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrghh! Boxrec isn't listing fighters weights anymore!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    It makes no difference , today the fighters make weight 2 days before the bout so they rehydrate as much as 14 to 20 pounds. If they weighin the day of......................then it means something!!! A welter can make 147 and fight at 161 and that wrong. Five to six over is fair, fighting 20 pounds over the limit isn't right the divisions are neglected! Ray
    Whilst I understand the point you're making and I agree with you that it's not fair how fighters get so long to re-hydrate nowadays, it's still a feature I'd very much like to see on the website.

Comment

if you want to still watch the weights, try this: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=590854

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
        Whilst I understand the point you're making and I agree with you that it's not fair how fighters get so long to re-hydrate nowadays, it's still a feature I'd very much like to see on the website.
        what is unfair about it

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          what is unfair about it
          Some can end up one/two/three weight divisions higher than their opponent despite supposedly fighting in the same weight division.

That's the purpose of weight divisions. So one doesn't end up with an unfair weight advantage. Today's rule allow some fighters to gain an unfair advantage in weight, which makes the entire purpose of weight divisions rather pointless. Two guys at 126 sign up to fight at 126, and if one ends up at 144 while the other stays around 130, that's an unfair advantage.

Comment

Working...
          X