Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate movies where you have to make up your own ending.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I concur.

If you want a film that ends with more shooting then go see 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Bringer and Danny Gunz,

I absolutely do not need shootings, violence, or defined good or bad guys to enjoy a movie.

But, I do need something besides a cop out of an ending that completely fails to wrap up a story. Cut to black with some non-essential character rambling about the realities of life (realities everyone already knows) is not an ending.

My opinion is you guys pretend to find some kind of deepness in that ending in order to point your fingers at others and accuse them of being shallow or dumb....and that's exactly what you guys have done in your past few posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
      Inception, The Gray, Sopranos, The Dark Knight Rises, and many more. I didn't write the damn movie so why the hell should I make up my own ending. They need to stop this bullshyt and complete the damn movies.

P.S "The Gray" starring Liam neeson is a damn good movie.
      it goes to show what a weak minded person you are

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        fargo was the coen's masterpiece. . .

never gets old. i find something i missed everytime i watch it again. hbo cycles it in every few months it seems

do you not feel like you've known this woman your whole life?

i cannot possibly imagine what my life would be like without the influence of han solo.

Comment

God forbid you use your brain, right.

Comment

What's confusing about the Greys ending? He and the wolf both died...

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              God forbid you use your brain, right.
              anything but that.

i pay ten bucks for a seat in which to zone out and eat $15 worth of snacks.

Comment

With a title like "The Grey" you should have known the ending would be ambiguous.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  Mulholland Drive....
                  A good example of what the TS and others dont understand about cinema. Its an artform. And therefore can ask the audience to interpret the meaning behind a film. Sometimes it does this with an abrupt ending. It is asking you to think a little deeper about the film.
                  Not all films are just stories.

Do people here really think George A Romero's original zombie trilogy was just about zombies?
                  Satire?
                  Allegory?

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                  I never actually thought of what the ending should have been. But, I at least believe it should have had an actual ending. "An old man comes to realise that he has no place in the world where nothing is valued and nothing is guaranteed." Sorry, but that is a message that did not need to be sent and keeps the movie from being the four star "masterpiece" folks like to pretend it is.
                  I dont think people are 'pretending' Some dont quite understand the ending, but still enjoy thinking about it, because thats what its asking them to do.

My take on the end, is that its not just about an old cop who is basically scared of the criminal he is trying to capture, but that we all reach an age when the world moves too quick for us, and we feel we cant keep up.
                  This theme is seen throughout the film; the deer escaping at the beginning, the crow flying away, Shugar walking away at the end. Sometimes life catches up with you, other times it leaves you behind. Its a metaphor for getting old.
                  But also, in the book it becomes clear the old sheriff lacks faith:
                  The last line if the film, when recounting a dream bout his dead father back in the old days, and his father is riding ahead of him....
                  "And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there he would be there. And then I woke up... "

He wants to believe there is hope out there in the uncertainty of life, but he doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                    What's confusing about the Greys ending? He and the wolf both died...
                    No both he and the wolf lived and teamed up to cure his wife's cancer.

Haven't you seen The Grey Matter 2?

Comment

Also, when a film causes discussion, it didnt end when the credits rolled. Even if ironically it seemed to be cut short.

Too many films end, and thats it. Thyre dead. U dont think or talk about them again. If a film intrigues you or frustrates you, you may want to watch it again or discuss it or research it. Learn about what inspired it, or influenced it, and then you can be lead to watch other films or a whole new genre.

Plus, unknowns stick in your mind. This works especially well with horror films. We fear the unknown, so a well made horror often relies on not giving you a flat conclusion. The film wants to leave us feeling uncomfortable and invade our reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X