• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
    You definitely don't know your hip-hop.
    i know what i like.

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
      Hee hee I like the Christopher Reeves bit in Medicine Ball, I played it over and over for weeks,
      Don't tell me he keeps making Reeves punchlines about his handicapness even now that he's dead?

Comment

Slim Shady LP is his best... It really is. MMLP is overrated because of the sales and name drops.

MMLP did have more emotional tracks, but SSLP was more lyrical, funnier, and it was pretty much just as crazy as MMLP.

"I smoke dope in a cab, I stab you you with the sharpest knife I can grab, come back the next week and reopen the scab/"

Comment

Slim Shady LP cos it was the first one i heard, and it sounded so different to everything else and has one of my all time favourite tracks 'role model'.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            Slim Shady LP is his best... It really is. MMLP is overrated because of the sales and name drops.

MMLP did have more emotional tracks, but SSLP was more lyrical, funnier, and it was pretty much just as crazy as MMLP.

"I smoke dope in a cab, I stab you you with the sharpest knife I can grab, come back the next week and reopen the scab/"
            To me honestly that's a pretty average rhyme. I think him being white makes that a nice rhyme like "wow a white rapper saying something like that."

Imo if it was Eminem who said "Verbal assassin, my architect pleases, When I was twelve, I went to hell for snuffin Jesus" that **** would have been all over t-shirts and away messages, everywhere. But it was Nas, a black rapper, how many black rappers have been in nice in hip hop history? a lot. Eminem gets this extra credit for average rhymes because he's white, imo.

For every "nasty" Eminem rhyme, there's 10 classic lines from other rappers that don't get enough attention because they're "just another nice black rapper".

Comment

Marshall Mathers LP. I can listen to that one all the way through without skipping anything.

Comment

Originally posted by -Bloody KJ- View Post
                To me honestly that's a pretty average rhyme. I think him being white makes that a nice rhyme like "wow a white rapper saying something like that."

Imo if it was Eminem who said "Verbal assassin, my architect pleases, When I was twelve, I went to hell for snuffin Jesus" that **** would have been all over t-shirts and away messages, everywhere. But it was Nas, a black rapper, how many black rappers have been in nice in hip hop history? a lot. Eminem gets this extra credit for average rhymes because he's white, imo.

For every "nasty" Eminem rhyme, there's 10 classic lines from other rappers that don't get enough attention because they're "just another nice black rapper".
                I know what you're saying, it's the same argument I use when people start saying Em is the best.

That wasn't an average rhyme just because his subject matter is more ample. We can't fault him for talking about whatever he wants. It's the choice of the rapper.

I fully understand what you're saying though. Nas is hands down my favorite rapper, but this is about Eminem. Em stans have been the most annoying as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
                  I gotta say MM LP. this new one is killin it tho.. gawdam em is a fackn genius. best rapper alive.
                  Originally posted by Maser View Post
                  Recovery is better then the slim shady lp
                  Originally posted by Maser View Post
                  Who cares who knows hip hop or not?

The fact is that Recovery has gotten a great response from people and thats all that matters is people are liking it and enjoying.

Its like when a new track comes on in a nightclub and your up on the dance floor having a laugh enjoying the track,
                  then you have people is sitting in the corner on there own talking about some underground version and how **** music is these days.
                  Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  MMLP and Recovery.
                  Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
                  Eminem Show
                  Recovery
                  Marshall Mathers.
                  wow, Recovery is getting a lot of love in here. very surprising. a great album no doubt, but I wouldn't put it up there with Eminem's best. But as I said, there is no such thing as a bad choice with an Eminem Album.

Comment

never really been a Eminem fan. liked some of his stuff from back in teh day. never liked his music where he tried to be comedic such as real slim shady and the likes of that. I like him alot better now that hes come back. Relapse was good and I really like Recovery.

Comment

I like Slim Shady LP best, I really loved MM LP and I liked Eminem Show, I haven't really listened to him since then. I guess I felt like I outgrew him? People are saying this new LP is excellent, but whatever, I doubt I will get around to listening to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X