Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Keep Saying Pac Is Fighting The Best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually ledwaba was #2 at 122 when pac fought him since barrera moved up to 126.

also diaz was #2 at 135 when he fought pacquiao. he got bumped to #5 after he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyBoxingFan View Post
      I'm tired, but whatever...

Fighting the Best and Likely to beat Floyd are two different things. Fighting the "best" means taking chances/risks in getting the best fight out there. Pacquiao has certainly done this. In the past year and a half Pacquiao has beaten the second best pound for pound fighter in the world, moved up ten pounds to knock out a 140 champion (eh? whatever), moved up to 147 to knock out De La Hoya, and then knocked out the best 140 pound fighter in the world. Three of fights came against world class competition.

None of this means Pacquiao will beat Mayweather. Mayweather is a horrible matchup for Pacquiao.
      Ok let me show why you are wrong. Fighting the best means exactly that "fighting the best". Now when you fight the best do you risk something? Yes.
      But just cause your are taking a chance/risk doesnt mean you are fighting the best.

For example I am not a pro fighter but if I go out a decide to fight a pro with a record of like 10-2, I am taking a chance/risk but that dont mean im fighting the best. But that is exactly what pac has done. Moving up and fight diaz was a risk for him but was diaz the best? No , Casamayor or campbell was. He goes up a figt dlh at 147. Was it a risk ? Yes. Was Oscar anywhere close to the best? No. Im not even gonna get into ricky hatton.

But with that said I do like Pac a lot and Im not tryin to down him at all. Im just saying that he has been built up in the last year or so to be something that I dont think he is and no fighter he has foughtt in the last couple of years has shown that.

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
        First let me say that I like Pac as a fighter and person but I have been visiting this site for a while now and I see a lot of criticism about Floyd in comparison to Pac and their respective choice of opponents. But I dont get it. Peolpe are implying that Pac can beat/or has a chanceto beat Floyd because how he looked against his last 3 opponents. I only say the last 3 because lets be honest here, no one thought he had a chance against floyd 2 years ago. Pac has fought diaz, dlh, and hatton. All 3 of these fighters were limited fighters and none of them were the true champ of his division( except hatton but 140 has been crap since cotto and floyd left). Pac has still not fought against a fighter like floyd( jmm comes close but i think floyd is at the very least 2x better than him.)

i guess my real question is what has Pac shown in the last 2 years to make people think that he has gotten so much better that he could beat floyd? Like I said i like Pac and root for him all the time but the peolple he has fought in the last couple years will not give him what he needs to beat floyd. If anything it may hurt him. What do you guys think?
        - 1 of 2 to have 6 titles in 6 different divisions
        - only person to have 4 lineal titles
        - beat morales 3x
        - beat jmm 2x
        - beat mab 2x
        - only person to KO morales
        - only person to knockdown jmm 4x
        - 1 of 2 to stop mab
        - 1 of 2 to stop DLH
        - 1 of 2 to stop Hatton
        - beat DLH worst than Floyd
        - KOed Hatton faster than Floyd

- fought from 106 lbs all the way to 147 (actually 142) lbs
        Last edited by Pullcounter; 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
          Ok let me show why you are wrong. Fighting the best means exactly that "fighting the best". Now when you fight the best do you risk something? Yes.
          But just cause your are taking a chance/risk doesnt mean you are fighting the best.

For example I am not a pro fighter but if I go out a decide to fight a pro with a record of like 10-2, I am taking a chance/risk but that dont mean im fighting the best. But that is exactly what pac has done. Moving up and fight diaz was a risk for him but was diaz the best? No , Casamayor or campbell was. He goes up a figt dlh at 147. Was it a risk ? Yes. Was Oscar anywhere close to the best? No. Im not even gonna get into ricky hatton.

But with that said I do like Pac a lot and Im not tryin to down him at all. Im just saying that he has been built up in the last year or so to be something that I dont think he is and no fighter he has foughtt in the last couple of years has shown that.
          Talk about your hypocritical double standards.

Let's take Floyd's last 3 fights and put them through the same scrutiny.

Was Ricky Hatton the best available welterweight challenger for Floyd's WBC welterweight belt?? Hell no. Even after he won a title from Luis Collazo at Welterweight, Hatton was still not even top 5 welterweights.

Was Oscar delahoya the best 154lber when Floyd fought him?? Hell no he wasnt.

But Floyd is the best??? Man had never fought anyone that could be considered the best in the division in his entire career. the way Pacquiao has done consistently throughout his career.

Comment

pac is a great fighter and deserves 2 be p4p no.1 but floyd would/will beat him

Comment

Working...
            X