No announcement yet.

The light heavyweight division is loaded with talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Outside of Kovalev, Stevenson, possibly Ward, Pascal and maybe Beterbiev, I don't think there's a heck of a lot of top talent in the division. You can't just name every challenger and prospect in the division and say they are all talented just because. Most of them are limited, some have decent pop, some have good chins but none of them are good, all round fighters that can challenge the current status quo.

When someone starts listing guys like Bika as a talented guy at LHW, you know you just gotta SMH.
    Well the proven top guys in Kovalev, Ward, Stevenson and Pascal are very good although Pascal is fading.

Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Bivol, Shabranskyy, Gonzalez are all very solid to outright blue chip prospects that have proven themselves already with Mekhontsev being the only guy yet to.

Beterbiev, Bivol and Gvozdyk all proved they were world level inside 10 fights, Shabranskyy inside 15. There aren't many divisions with 5 or more prospects of that stature and two P4P top 10 guys at the top.

Comment

Comment

Gvodzyk, Beterbiev, and Bivol are the real deal. Those dudes are dangerous as hell. Then you have Ward, Kovalev, and Stevenson.

Shabranskyy is a good fighter, but I don't think he could beat Kovalev, Ward, or Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Azteka View Post
          Gvodzyk, Beterbiev, and Bivol are the real deal. Those dudes are dangerous as hell. Then you have Ward, Kovalev, and Stevenson.

Shabranskyy is a good fighter, but I don't think he could beat Kovalev, Ward, or Stevenson.
          Wasn't Shabransky's decision win over Gonzalez a decision that could have went either way?

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
            Wasn't Shabransky's decision win over Gonzalez a decision that could have went either way?
            No, it was competitive, but most observers agreed it was a clear and wide decision win for Shabranskyy.

Sadly, as is sometimes the case, one incompetent judge scored it a draw.

Comment

Yeah, Shabranksyy won that fight. It was competitive, but no way would anyone have Gonzalez winning.

Comment

Add joe smith jr pls

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Add joe smith jr pls
                  I agree. I'll edit the opening post.

Comment

Any news on when Bivol is fighting again?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                      I see several guys on there I'm pretty confident Shumenov or Murat can beat. Pascal and Fonfara for starters.
                      That is some funny stuff, this guy DKSAB.

Comment

Working...
                      X