Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Quintana

Who else remembers this guy?

How has he been? Any news on him?

I know he hasn't fought since 2012 so I guess he's enjoying his retirement.

I also found it funny how people claim Paul Williams would beat Floyd when Carlos outboxed PWILL. lol.

Quintana had a good night, he was pretty good - but something was off with Punisher that night man - as soon as I saw the mohawk he had I knew he was going to lose.

Williams with no mohawk destroyed Quintana and he would have destroyed Floyd, too. And knowing what we know about Canelo's stamina, Williams would taken him to deep waters too

Comment

Solid boxer, not elite but would tell you alot about a fighter because he was a tricky southpaw

Comment

I think that Quintana could've reached the elite level, but he ran into a greater fighter in Cotto. Quintana took some vicious shots that night, especially a left hook to the body which bruised up his side and half his back, somehow. (He showed the press his body, since the injury remained after some time had passed.) Also, Quintana didn't get the benefit of that Williams decision, which could've changed the trajectory of his career. Overall, I respect him as a fighter.

By the way, that Williams decision factored in my being not overly impressed with Martinez' knockout of Williams later on. I always knew Cotto would be something else entirely, no matter how unbeatable Sergio was made out to be.
        Last edited by SunSpace; 04-29-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

he's still recovering from miguel cotto's body shots.

it's been about a decade. ****.

Comment

He will be remembered forever for that one night against Williams. Lots of boxers are forgotten, sometimes all it takes is one performance and you will be remembered.

Comment

I actually got to see him training in person back in the day, since his hometown was like 20 minutes away from mine. He just seemed like he had enough athleticism to give elite fighters something to think about, but he didn't have the boxing IQ or the team to really take him to the next level.

He's a fighter I feel would've really benefited from hooking up with a good trainer that could expand his game and make him a slick fighter.

Comment

R.I.P Carlos

Comment

Working...
                X